Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Scientist, located in Malvern, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Analytical Development group is seeking a Scientist who will be responsible for mainly HPLC and CE methods development and validation for large molecules consistent with corporate and R&D objectives and timelines. In addition, the Scientist will support validation and transfer of methods as well as provide timely support to process validation studies and QC labs on OOS/OOT investigations.
In this function, the Scientist:
- Fosters a collaborative culture with keen attention to customer needs
- Represents the group in cross-functional project teams and serves as the analytical technical expert during development, investigations and regulatory inspections
- Develops novel and innovative approaches toward new separation methods
- Conducts experiments for isolation and enrichment of variants for structure-function studies of proteins
- Conducts projects of a complex nature toward the identification, assessment and development of analytical methods
- Work in an environment that values innovation, leadership, scientific excellence, urgency and personal accountability
- Develops analytical methods and platforms that support from early phase through late phase clinical development and commercial manufacturing
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholders from other functions such as quality, compliance and regulatory
- Analyze data and highly complex situations involving the evaluation of tangible and identifiable variables to arrive at creative and effective solutions including statistical approaches to establish design space for methods
- Oversee continuous improvement in the development of new or refined methods, processes, and/or scientific procedures
MS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biological Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or related discipline with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience OR a PhD with relevant industry/Postdoc experience is required
Experience in separations method development is required
Experience in chromatography is required
Experience in capillary electrophoresis and protein characterization/post-translational modifications including oligosaccharide mapping is preferred
Familiarity with statistical methodology such as DOEs, regulations including EP and USP and experience with process excellence methodology is preferred
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.