At Bristol-Myers Squibb, we believe that together we can make the difference. We want to do this by building professional teams who can create and innovate medicines that benefit doctors and their patients.
Our large-scale biologics manufacturing facility in Devens, Massachusetts, is expanding and there are a number of exciting career opportunities to join Bristol-Myers Squibb, one of the world’s leading BioPharma companies.
We’ve created one of the world’s premier biologics facilities, among the first sites in the industry to have a fully automated, integrated manufacturing control system that enables the plant to run virtually paperless. It is a site that combines biologics development with clinical and commercial manufacturing on a single campus – a true biologics center of excellence for the company where teams are encouraged to closely collaborate. This expansion was designed to support the launch of new medicines by more closely aligning biologics development and manufacturing capabilities. All this goes towards helping create and innovate life-saving medicines that fight serious illnesses.
Bioassay and Immunoassay scientist with hands-on experience in cell based potency assays, technology transfer and demonstrated experience in data analysis and troubleshooting for methods. This is a non-GMP, part laboratory based and part office based role. Candidate will be required to plan & execute experiments as well as analyze data generated at other sites for method improvements and troubleshooting. The Analytical Sciences & Technology group is committed to supporting our global biologics analytical network with reliability, integrity, active engagement, and cross functional collaboration.
- Provide technical resource for bioassay method validation. This includes partnering with analytical development to achieve method readiness to initiate validation, write validation protocol, gather data generated by analytical development/QC labs and write the validation report.
- Assist with method transfers to QC GMP labs within and outside of BMS.
- Conduct periodic review of method performance and work with team leader to design and execute remediation experiments and implement changes to existing commercial methods.
- Assist in maintaining critical reagent supply for assigned methods.
- Work collaboratively across organization and sites for method readiness, transfer, performance and trouble shooting in commercial environment.
- Work closely with all AS&T team members to understand their deliverables to achieve organization goals.
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with cell based bioassays (potency) and immunoassays (impurities) in either biologics process development and/or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated experience of bioassay method qualification and/or validation with extensive familiarity with USP/ICH guidelines.
- Experience of working with colleagues at remote sites.
- Strong written and communication skills and will have experience working in a matrix organization.
- Bio-therapeutic development & industry experience required: BS or MS with 5-10 years or Ph.D. with 0-5 years of industry experience
- This role requires office work, biochemical laboratory work, computer work, group meetings, and thus involves the following.
- Sitting, standing, walking, working with analytical instruments, repetitive motion including bending and lifting small containers/equipment's.
- This role requires office work, teleconferencing, computer work, leading meetings and thus involves the following.
- Working in open office environment, working in laboratory, working alone, working with/around others.
Together, we make a difference.
- This position requires occasional domestic and international travel.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is one of the world's BioPharma leaders, committed to delivering innovative medicines as well as nurturing a culture that's a springboard for progress. Our success depends on building teams of bold, innovative and passionate employees who will help continue to drive us further forward. No matter the role, we are united by our mission and determined to win this fight. And that makes all the difference. If you want to join us, apply now at www.bms.com/careers .
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an equal opportunity employer - Vet/Disability