Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist, Technical Transfer to be located in Skillman, New Jersey.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist, Technical Transfer will support the technical transfer of a broad range of consumer products such as Adult Skin Care, Baby Skin Care, and Oral & Topical Health Care from a manufacturability and formulation standpoint.
This individual will collaborate cross-functionally with Operations, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and Research and Development (R&D) to ensure successful new product launches.
The scope of work will include:
• Process development/process scale-up
• Identification of critical process parameters at the lab, pilot, and full manufacturing scales
• Product/process specification development
• Process validation
• Executing the technical aspects of projects
• Interacting with and/or leading cross-functional teams to implement timely new product introductions
• Working under the supervision of department managers to drive technical resolutions in manufacturing
• Troubleshooting product issues under aggressive and sometimes compressed timelines
• A minimum of a Bachelor Degree with at least 3 years of experience OR a Master Degree with at least 2 years of experience OR a PhD with professional pharmaceutical, consumer or manufacturing experience is required.
• A degree in Chemical Engineering, Industrial Pharmacy, or other science or engineering discipline is preferred.
• Experience with consumer products, such as skin care, skin cleansers, hair care, oral care, baby care and/or deodorant products is highly preferred.
• Good technical foundation of formulated products including emulsions, surfactants, suspensions, structured liquids and an understanding of material chemistry is preferred.
• Experience in process development/process scale-up is preferred.
• Working with external manufacturing vendors is a preferred.
• Familiarity with cGMP and other regulatory requirements is preferred.
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a team environment while being an individual contributor is required.
• MS Office (Word and Excel) proficiency are required.
• Solid presentation skills are required.
• The ability to work in Skillman, NJ is required.
• Up to 30% travel both domestic and international is required.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function