Eaton has an immediate opening in Vehicle Group North America for a SCM Total Cost Out (TCO) Program Manager at its Galesburg, Michigan location.
This role will lead cost out projects for the Commercial Powertrain (CPT) business unit (Transmission and Clutch divisions). The position will ensure the TCO projects meet all deliverables for timing, cost out and quality with alignment to the divisional VAVE engineering teams. Competencies important for this role include project-management skills, change management, product launch expertise, strong technical aptitude, knowledge of SCM functions and systems, drive for results, customer relationship-building, and managerial courage.
- Act as SCM program manager for TCO / VAVE projects and as primary interface for the VAVE team with Program Management, Product Engineering, Reliability Engineering, Operations, Finance and Quality functions. Responsible for SCM-related cost out project-scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, and cost commitments.
- Execute project leadership for all TCO / VAVE ideas and projects. Seek team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coach and provide feedback to individuals in accordance with performance indicators.
- Determine key SCM and material planning program deliverables and timing based on engineering change release (ECR/ECO) processes and advanced product quality planning (APQP) disciplines, including sourcing and flawless launch/ramp-up performance. Provide direction to the SCM / VAVE leadership team in areas of issues, potential changes in scope, and risk assessment.
- Manage the complete BOM for the TCO / VAVE projects to ensure accuracy of content and that a robust sourcing and launch plan exists for each part. Follow up with respective engineers to ensure design specifications are complete and released on-time to support SCM actions. Collaborate with Commodity Buyers, SDE, SQE and Materials Planners to ensure SCM actions are executed on-time with high efficiency.
- Align project-related deliverables with customer and supplier requirements/contracts, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization.
- Where applicable, initiate and/or participate in sourcing council reviews supporting TCO / VAVE program/project source selection, while maintaining consistency with commodity strategies.
- Support development of TCO / VAVE project workload resource requirements needed for sustained and effective project execution and portfolio management.
- Participate on cross-functional teams for TCO / VAVE and change management process improvement initiatives.
- Ensure standard program management processes are utilized as PM subject matter expert and provide appropriate support to the TCO / VAVE cost out project teams by coordinating PM reviews, and preparing and publishing metrics/reports for assigned projects (e.g. cost, timeline, and delivery through all project phases).
- Coordinate all risks and requirements of the project into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, and integrating all project deliverables and measuring each element to ensure the requirements and goals are achieved. Provide updates to the business units as well as divisional- and group-level teams.
- Bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, or engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a manufacturing-based business.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with program/project management tools and techniques – including continuous improvement, problem solving, and business process improvements.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, purchasing and program management best practices. These include project planning, supplier selection, APQP, performance metrics/reporting, quality assurance, and continuous process improvement methodologies.
- Experience in using quality tools/methodologies (PPAP, APQP, MSA, SPC, auditing).
- Knowledge of automotive industry-specific quality registration (ISO/TS16949).
- Knowledge of, and ability to appropriately apply, analytical and problem-solving skills including problem-solving, supplier sourcing, and statistical analysis tools.
- Ability to define problems, eliminate root cause(s), and create supply chain solutions and/or process improvements.
- Effective people/interpersonal, negotiation, communication and customer-care skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret complex drawings and specifications.
- Proficient computer/systems knowledge and application skills (Oracle, Enovia, MS Office Suite).
- Proven ability to think and act strategically.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.
At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.