Eaton Crouse-Hinds in Syracuse, New York is looking for a Machine Operator to work second shift in our Screw Machine department.
Primary Function: Perform various threading, grooving, chamfering, turning, tapping, reaming, serrating, boring, facing, drilling and similar machining operations on all departmental conventional machines.
- Perform a wide variety of operations on Single & Multi-Spindle Drill Presses.
- Produce a variety of parts from a variety of materials.
- Make adjustments, change, reset tooling to maintain specified dimensions as required.
- Load castings and bar stock to insure the continuous operation of equipment.
- Major adjustments and setups done by others.
- Wash parts as needed.
- Pack plated parts, internal or external, to machine cycle.
- Assist setup person and group leader as required. Follow prescribed procedures or instructions as to methodology.
- Check work with various measuring instruments and gages (verniers, micrometers, scale, etc.).
- Maintain fairly close tolerances and work to drawings and layouts.
- Notify others of need for major adjustments. Detect faulty operation or materials and report to supervision. Refer all questionable conditions to supervisor.
- Operate fork truck as required or directed in performance of job duties.
- Maintain equipment, machines, work area in a clean, safe, and orderly condition; sweep and mop as needed.
- Perform Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities such as minor maintenance that includes cleaning, inspection, minor lubrication and tightening loose bolts.
- Perform base clean outs as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY will be considered for this position.
Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
Experience working with measuring equipment such as gages, verniers, micrometers
Experience reading blueprints, drawings, and/or schematics
- Duties involve following prescribed routines or detailed instructions requiring minor decisions and some judgment.
- Moderate physical effort, equivalent to continuous light, frequent average, or occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job duties.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.