IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development. With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
Bottom line? We outthink ordinary. Discover what you can do at IBM. The Scrum Master provides Agile project management for medium sized teams / squads and large numbers of contributors / stakeholders. The Scrum Master leads Agile ceremonies (e.g., sprint planning, daily scrum calls, retrospectives, etc.), and is responsible for resource assignment, technical guidance, task re-assignment, and sprint progress reporting. The Scrum Master is required to collaborate closely with client product managers, business analysts, and other stakeholders.The qualified candidate will have proven experience in working on complex programs and will have demonstrated the following:
- Coach teams in Agile concepts, principles, practices and behaviors
- Identify issues, risks, and recommendations of Agile teams and operating models
- Develop learning plans to elevate teams to higher levels of maturity and effectiveness
- Support practitioners and projects, identifying areas for improvement, developing improvement plans and working with individuals and teams to implement those improvements
- Perform Scrum Master role, including daily stand ups, scrum of scrums, retrospectives, backlog grooming, risk/issue management, etc.
- Present and support Agile education and training activities as required
- Strong facilitation and communication skills. Utilize facilitation skills to engage and include all team members and encourage a collaborative approach to completing tasks.
- Lead creative problem solving via design thinking and other collaborative problem solving processes
- Expertise with the use of Agile project management tools. Ability to assist the team, as needed, to build skills of planning, goal setting, organizing and delivering through collaborative effort.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Experience of working with distributed teams and vendors
- Able to provide suggestions and guidance when assisting the team with working through blockers, risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to mentor and coach at the individual, team and project level.
- Collaborate and leverage contacts in the wider Agile community to deliver the best possible outcomes for clients.
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.CAREER GROWTH
Our goal is to be essential to the world, which starts with our people. Company wide we kicked off an internal talent strategy program called Go Organic. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
- Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
- Finding the dream job at IBM: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
- Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
In 2015, Go Organic filled approximately 50% of our open positions with internal talent that were promoted into the role. CORPORATE CITIZENSHIP
With an employee population of 375,000 in over 170 countries, amazingly we connect, collaborate, and care. IBMers drive a corporate culture of shared responsibility. We love grand challenges and everyday improvements for our company and for the world. We care about each other, our clients, and the communities we live, work, and play in!