West Creek 5 (12075), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Scrum Master, Commercial Card
This position is to support and track program level activities of a large Release Train consisting of 8 teams with growth to 12 teams within 6-months. The Agile Train is focused on building new technology products for the Commercial Bank in Electronic Payments, Expense Management, Commercial Credit Card and several other areas spread across both mobile and web channels. This position is for a scrum master who can organize the work of the program team that leads the train. The Program team consists of a Release Train Engineer, Architects, Directors, and Senior Directors. The scrum master should be comfortable managing a team of strong leaders with busy schedules through a well-organized, closely controlled, yet light agile structure (either Kanban or Scrum). This is a very high visibility role that will manage and operate amongst the Director Plus community.
- Own and manage backlog of the Train's program team
- Comfortably coordinate activities between Directors, Sr. Directors, & VPs (Program Team)
- Hold the program team accountable for their backlog items and proactively collect updates from them.
- Exhibit strong influencing skills to effectively drive project / program efforts
- Use a simple Kanban or Scrum process in Jira to ensure that the backlog is closely tracked.
- Create and manage Action Item and Decision Log for key Train & Program activities.
- Coordinate across Agile teams and ensure program deliverables are met in a timely fashion
- Demonstrate a proven track record of excellent project management, bringing the ability to quickly implement structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment
- Display a passion for partnering and collaborating across the organization
- Assist Release Train Engineer with PI Planning coordination & materials. Help create Agile visualizations and metrics (as needed).
- Be comfortable with putting together presentation decks for S3 & S4 meetings.
- Foster a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Leverage data to measure & monitor progress against commitments
- Resolve and/or escalate impediments.
- Strong presentation skills, verbal and material creation at the program level
- Excellent communication, problem solving and influencing skills
- Articulate, succinct, and direct - Knowledge of how to work amongst senior leaders and hold them accountable.
- Structured and action oriented.
- Clear and concise spoken English.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- 3 Years of Project Management & Agile experience
- Knowledgeable about Agile and Waterfall project management
- Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Ability to create and track key program level milestones
- Agile certification
- Fluent in Kanban and Scrum
- You enjoy being on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You're not content simply facilitating and regularly look for ways to roll up your sleeves to help the team meet commitments
- You have a knack for spotting and resolving ambiguity
- You care deeply about those around you and like to use your wit to motivate them
- You enjoy learning new things and mentoring more junior team members
- You look first to try to prevent problems, but eagerly dig in to solve them when they arise
- To you, the spirit of the team is just as important as the product it produces
Bachelors Degree or military experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.