Splunk is seeking a Scrum Master to help drive its development projects. We utilize a scrum-like Agile Development framework we call PEPP. In this role, you will schedule and lead Sprint Plannings Reviews, Daily Standups and various other team meetings. You will work closely with multi-functional groups with members from Product Management, Design, Engineering, Docs, Education and Marketing. You will track and report KPIs on project sprint progress and track and drive resolution of issues.
As a Scrum Master at Splunk you will work closely with the Director of Project and Program Management. You will be responsible for multiple, simultaneous development projects and own planning, coordination, risk mitigation, organization and tracking of those projects through to deployment. You will oversee release-to-market activities with Splunk's marketing and web development teams. You will oversee development touch points with other internal groups, such as Solutions and Business Development.
- You have 3+ years of experience in software project management or closely related roles, with at least 1-2 years working within an agile or scrum methodology.
- You have experience leading multiple, concurrent software projects involving cross-functional groups. Excel at decision-making, consensus building and conflict management.
- You possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills, a risk mitigation mindset and exhibit appropriate levels of urgency.
- You understand the software development lifecycle and have experience defining SDLC processes, special emphasis on Cloud. (experience with downloadable enterprise and cloud software a plus).
- You have experience with the concepts and tools of Agile Program Management. Experience with the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Hipchat) a plus.
- You have strong technical acumen with basic knowledge of key web and software development technologies including but not limited to Java, Python, and C C++. This knowledge doesn't need to be completely hands-on, but at a level of understanding required to lead development tasks and identify and resolve issues in development projects as they arise.
- Bachelors' degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- SCRUM Master certification a plus
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to be a founding member of a brand new business unit working like a startup but with a large community of passionate users
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.