Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress JOB INFORMATION
The Manager Scrum Master will serve as a Senior Scrum Master responsible for managing other scrum masters, assess/build the quality of internal and external scrum master talent, running a Scrum Master Journeyman program and coaching Managers and leaders within Fannie Mae on how to lead in an agile environment. The Senior Scrum Master serves as the servant leader for the team to ensure clear communication and organization of the team/Release Train, along with maintaining the production backlog and release plan and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies. Hire, manage, train, develop, and evaluate staff. Develop, implement, document, and ensure adherence to practices and procedures.KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the Agile Program Manager on a release train. As the Agile Program Manager, responsible for: - Serves as the Chief Scrum Master on a Release Train. Provides agile leadership in support of senior management on large programs. - Coaches and mentor scrum masters on the release train. - Facilitates the Scrum of Scrums, release planning workshops, and program inspect and adapt workshops - Responsible for the PMO function within an Agile Release Train - Establishes the annual calendar for sprints and program increments
- Work within the core delivery team empowered/tasked with design, development, modification, and implementation of computer applications, and building high performing delivery teams. Utilize project coordination expertise and tools such as Rally and MS-Project to support upstream and downstream teams throughout SDLC.
- Engage stakeholders, contributors and technical resources to analyze user needs and resource limitations.
- Facilitate the discussions of complex, high value IT delivery projects that require the coordination of development work or technology work on multiple platforms to achieve desired functionality.
- Serve as knowledge source within project teams as assigned.
- Communicate committed stories for the upcoming sprint to backlog owners and stakeholders
- Facilitate impediment resolution in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Track and produce key metrics (e.g., burndown, burnup charts)
- Act as a conduit to other teams and LOBs with which the team is interacting.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Scrum Master Certified (CSM), SAFe Agilist (SA) or SAFe Consultant (SPC)
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 6 years of software development experience (either as PM, BA, tester or developer)
- 4 years of experience leading Agile Scrum teams/servicing as a Scrum Master, experience within a SAFe release train
The role will be focused on ensuring execution alignment of teams within a large program. This will include agile dev, modified waterfall dev, integrated testing, dev ops, operations, and business teams.
The role should have a deep knowledge of how to leverage concepts from the SAFe to help an organization in transition to lean principles.
Key skills of the role are:
- deep understanding of lean principle and their application to an organization in transition
- 10 years of large program execution and integration
- 5 Experience in adapting SAFe principles to large programs in flight
- Strong communication and presentation skills for executive consumption EMPLOYMENT
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re leading the way to provide safe, affordable, and reliable credit, so people across the U.S. have opportunities to buy, reﬁnance, or rent homes.