Power Power Services
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Scrum Master, Program Manager, oOEM Digital
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As our new Scrum Master, you will report to the Digital Solutions Leader / Senior Product Manager and be responsible for guiding scrum team development and creating strong working relationships & influence across product management, engineering, software development, and other functional groups to execute the strategy for the Other-OEM (oOEM) business.
As the scrum master, your main responsibility will be to as the servant leader to the scrum team and help others outside the scrum team understand how agile is being applied to develop digital products for oOEM. You will support a scrum team and help the team embrace and use the principles of agile to drive efficient and effective software development. You will also provide the example for others to follow as a best practice for product development beyond software.
* Facilitate the Scrum process, enforce time boxes, support the team
* Lead backlog grooming sessions and other scrum-related meetings
* Create an environment conducive to team self-organization
* Resolve impediments and shield the team from external distractions
* Capture empirical data and provide respect forecasts, velocity, backlog, etc.
* Educate the team on agile and scrum methods and promote continuous improvement
* Participate in all aspects of agile software development
* Travel up to 10% of the time both US and global
* Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A Minimum of 5 years of technical experience
* A minimum of 2 years of software development experience, specifically with agile, extreme programming, or similar approach
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Scrum master certification
* Ability to facilitate and coach development team on requirements and effort estimation
* Ability to drive accountability and agile adoption
* Demonstrated mastery of the interactions and dynamics in Agile teams.
* Demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified)
* Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices)
* Enthusiasm to try new things and be comfortable charging into the unknown
* Ability to work collaboratively across teams to help build effective processes
* Voice, advocate, mentor, and champion of agile methodology, as well as consider new approaches to drive even more efficiency and effectiveness into our development activities
* Great at estimating work and delivering to sprint commitments
* Proactively identify and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
* Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome.
* Continuously reflect on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
* Effectively directs and mentors others in agile development
* Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions
* Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal
* Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.