Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
Capital One has celebrated milestones, including:
- Top-10 bank by deposits
- 148 on the Fortune 500
- 1,000 bank branches
- 2,200 ATM locations
- More than 31,500 associates globally
- 50 million customer accounts
We’re excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped changed our industry for the better.
Geek. Nerd. Tech-junkie. They’re all pet-names to us. And if you share in a passion for all things technology, then you’d be the perfect candidate for the Capital One Information Technology team. Daily, you’ll work alongside some of the savviest techies in the business at an internationally recognized company. From advancing our network to assisting the technologically-challenged, you’ll love coming to work every day at one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For.”
Capital One is in need of a Scrum Master to lead our growing team(s) in Mclean, VA. In the Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and organization of all team objectives. The SM will drive the scrum process focused on delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team to maximize customer value, along with maintaining product backlog and release plans. The SM will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's sprint goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
- Serve as scrum master for two or more teams as part of a larger Agile Release Train
- Demonstrates a strong ability to integrate agile principles into team practices and work products
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery with some support from coach
- Ability to act as mentor or buddy to new / less-experienced Scrum Master(s)
- Proactively identifies impediments and quickly resolves using network of peers and formal channels
- Actively seeks and is involved with Communities of Practice
- Facilitates teamwork and continual improvement of the team's agile practices
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Effectively sets own/team priorities in ambiguous environment
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- Scrum Master Certification or PMP Certification
- At least 2 years of experience as Change Agent
- At least 2 years of experience leading teams
- Are you a Certified Scrum Master Practitioner?
- Do you have 4+ years of experience as a Scrum Master?
- Do you have 1+ years of experience using scaling principles?
- Do you have 4+ years of experience leading teams?
- Do you have 2+ years of people management experience?
At this time, Capital One will not consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.