Oliver Evans (18222), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
In the Scrum Master role, you'll serve as the servant leader for your team(s) by ensuring clear communication and helping the team reach its goal. The SM will drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the team. The SM will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's goals and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes on the team.
- Serves as scrum master for one or more teams
- Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products
- Ensures team maintains focus on quality and continuous delivery
- Developing ability to help onboard or act as a mentor to a Scrum Master with less experience
- Proactively identifies impediments and appropriately resolves using network of peers and formal channels (including escalation if required)
- Actively seeks and participates in a variety of learning opportunities such as Communities of Practice, conferences, classroom training and independent study to further develop self and community
- Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the team and their delivery
- Demonstrates ability to balance data with other factors when making decisions
- Understands domain architecture and upstream/downstream dependencies
- Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
- Coaches the team to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Developing ability to coach team on XP Engineering practices and benefits
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 1 Year of Agile experience
- 2+ Years of Agile experience
- Experience as part of an agile team
- Scrum Alliance CSM or CSP certification or PMI’s Agile Certified Professional (ACP)
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- SAFe certified or experience (or other scaled agile frameworks)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.