Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Life got you feeling a bit slow? Come be agile with us.
We may be a bank, but we think and operate like a tech company. A tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products. A tech company that experiments and innovates with the latest technologies, engineers breakthrough customer experiences, and brings simplicity and humanity to banking.
We began life in 1988 by harnessing the power of big data to create customized products that disrupted the credit card industry. Now we are doubling down on that big data strategy, and we are looking for great data engineers to join us.
- Drive Agile maturity and Innovation approaches across a Line of Business set of teams
- Coaching teams on the basics of Scrum or Kanban (as needed) in simple terms
- Drive continuous improvements for a Line of Business set of teams
- Provide consultative guidance to Line of Business delivery leadership
- Focusing teams to deliver value quickly
- Fostering a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Coordinating across other Agile teams for complex projects
- Leveraging data to measuring & monitoring progress against commitments
- Escalating and/or resolving impediments to help your team ship code
- Includes 10% travel mainly to our Richmond co-location
Your experience probably includes a few of these, or if not, you’re ready to start learning:
- Number of years of experience driving and leading technology projects
- Relevant Agile training and certifications
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience managing projects and/or system integrations that are somewhat complex
- Experience working independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- You enjoy being on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You’re not content simply facilitating but instead you regularly look for ways to roll up your sleeves to help the team meet commitments
- You have a knack for spotting and resolving ambiguity
- You care deeply about those around you and like to use your wit to motivate them
- You enjoy learning new things and mentoring more junior team members
- You look first to try to prevent problems, but eagerly dig in to solve them when they arise
- To you, the spirit of the team is just as important as the product it produces
- Bachelor’s degree, or Military experience
- At least 1 year of professional experience working in Agile teams
- Certified Scrum Master
- 2+ years of experience facilitating Agile teams on technology projects
- 1+ years of experience using VersionOne
- 2+ years of experience managing projects
- 1+ year of experience with Information Technology Data Warehousing projects
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.