PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
At Exelon, our Digital team aims to rapidly deliver reliable and innovative products and services that enable the business and enhance our customer’s experience. Our team is excited to create and pave the digital path forward for Exelon. We value our people and the diverse skills and backgrounds they bring to collectively work towards Exelon’s goal of providing clean, affordable and innovative energy to create a more sustainable future for everyone.
As a Scrum Master, you will play a major role in shaping the success of our rapidly growing Digital team. This position contributes to our success by building and leading high performing Agile scrum teams, championing continuous improvement, and partnering with business stakeholders and product managers to deliver digital solutions.
The Scrum Master works to drive the high-quality delivery of digital solutions and will encourage team productivity by facilitating planning and removing impediments that may obstruct the team’s progress as they work towards their goal of creating a revolutionary digital experience for Exelon’s employees and customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- In partnership with the product owner, mentor / coach scrum teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog
- Work as a coach with team members as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- Enable the consistent delivery of value with on-time execution of scoped/scheduled work
- Manage and surface issues and risks; track teams progress using primary “source of truth” tools
- Ensure that Agile-related project reporting, such as burndowns and status updates, are relevant, transparent, and add value
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog.
- Leads sprint planning and task definition, sprint execution, impediment removal and tracking, sprint review, and retrospectives
- Proven track record of using Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience managing large, complex projects in high-tech development environments with multiple teams
- First level Certified Scum Master or other relevant Agile project management Certifications (CSM, SAFe or PMI-ACP)
- Knowledge and appreciation of Agile practices and principles, principally scrum, and experience advocating these practices and principles across cross-functional organizations.
- Experience in meeting facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and transparency
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Good written and verbal communication
- Comprehensive understanding of change management techniques associated with new technology implementation
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work effectively with all levels of IT and business management and with vendors
- Experience managing teams of user experience and user interface designers
- An understanding of web and mobile application technologies
- Experience leading teams within a SAFe Agile environment
- Second level Scrum Master certification (PSM II, CSP)
- Experience building and leading new scrum teams
- Experience with assisting large-scale agile transformation and organizational change efforts
- Understanding of standards and practices for IT project lifecycle management activities and deliverables.
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.