Top Three Skills: Candidate must have at least 2-3 years of experience working as a Scrum MasterCandidates should have experience supporting an enterprise customer facing websiteCandidates must have experience working with the product owner.
TEKsystems is looking for a Scrum Master for our client in Philadelphia for a 6 month+ contract position. They have a need do to a promotion in the customer website group. this person will be supporting a backlog of work and enhancements to the website. Candidates should have experience working as a Scrum Master and some experience as an Agile Coach would be helpful. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the Agile Framework. Candidates will be working closely with the Product Owner to support the marketing space and adding new features to the customer website. If candidates have supported a customer facing web application in the past that would be a huge plus. Candidates will be responsible for managing the backlog, running stand-ups etc. They will be working on the website as it relates to the customers experience from the moment the apply for a card to the continued maintenance of it.
- Service to the Team
- Coaching the team in self-organization and cross-functionality
- Removing impediments to the team's progress to its sprint commitments
- Facilitating scrum activities including sprint planning, retrospectives, and daily stand-ups
- Enacting change & continuous improvement to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
- Coaching the team in organizational environments in which scrum is not yet fully adopted and understood
- Ensure team execution and delivery to committed sprint work
- Leading and coaching the organization in its scrum adoption
- Helping associates and stakeholders understand and enact scrum in their lines of business
- Identify, manage, help mitigate project issues and risks
- Working with other Scrum Masters via a Community of Practice to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum in the organization
- Collaborate and partner within and beyond one's team; builds productive relationships with others
- Communicate effectively across diverse audiences within and outside of the Sprint Team (Stakeholders, Executives). Motivate and model open communication to help surface issues for faster resolution
- Be able to remove obstacles for the team or to direct obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution
- Provide perspective to the team and keeps team focused on critical deliverables and tasks
- Possess the ability to work with and influence wide range of stakeholders across roles and levels (business, compliance, Legal, IT, etc.)
- Scrum Master certification (PSM, CSP)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team.
- Knowledge of other approaches discussed in the Agile space: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Previous experience as a team lead
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Ability to understand and direct developers through verbal and written communication to ensure project requirements are met.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.