Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where you can learn something new and make a real difference everyday?
Does solving complex technical problems i n the Cloud interest you?
If so, we are currently looking for a highly motivated software development engineer (sde) to join our growing organization which provides technical solutions that enables Software as a Service (Saa that S) i n the Oracle Public Cloud.
This position offers unique real world challenges and opportunities:
- G ain deep knowledge across the entire technology stack: virtualization, storage, file systems, databases, middleware to enterprise applications
- C ollaborate with a large number of product teams and to have real influence over product directions
- S olve unique challenges in hosting complex and large-scale enterprise applications in the c loud
- E xperience how concepts such as performance, scalability, extensibility, supportability, and resilienc y truly make a difference
- B uild products that have real and immediate impacts to our large number of public c loud customers
- P lay a significant role in powering SaaS to the next level of success
This person will:
- Work closely with senior developers, architects, product management, IT and Operations teams
- Be involved in the complete product lifecycle: design, prototype, development and maintaining of the technical solutions that makes SaaS a successful business
Our ideal candidate is someone who :
- Ha s a positive attitude and exemplary work ethics; sh ows ownership
- Invents and simplif ies ; simple solutions are the best solutions
- Can t hink out of the box ; creative problem solving
- Thrives in a n agile team environment; can work really well under pressure s
- Can hold technical discussion well, and is n't afraid to respect fully argue on the merits
- Is e xcellent in written and ver bal com munica tio n ; able to interact effectively and build consensus with people from various job functi ons
He/she also pos ses the following knowledge :
- Core Java, including: concurrency, class and interface design, runtime class loading, reflection, use of generics.
- Database: Core JDBC, SQL, and knowledge of schema design
- U NIX /Linux environments - RedHat or Oracle Linux a plus
- Tools : ant, shell scripting , etc.
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: J2EE, web services, identity management, SAN/NAS, high availability architectures, scalable design and deployment, virtualization.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.