SEA (ScaleIO Enterprise Advocates) engineer- SIO
Location: Hopkinton, Massachusetts
Posted: October 31, 2017
Reference ID: R18245
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
The ScaleIO SEA group is the engineering representative in the field and as such needs to provide engineering expert level advice and answers to the sales organization in high-profile operations such very complex POCs or post-sales implementation of very large and complex ScaleIO clusters.
The SEA will also help escalation engineering with high-profile cases where a more direct approach of engineering to customer is needed.
The SEA team will also perform specialized ScaleIO training for high-profile customers and will help these high-profile customers with better understand of day-to-day operations of ScaleIO software.
• BS degree in Computer Science
Vast experience in Linux clustering and/or VMware vSphere line of products.
• Experience working with storage systems.
• Network infrastructure knowledge.
• Scripting experience (Python, bash, Ansible, Go).
• Ability to work in stress and with remote teams.
• Experience with SDS (Software Define Storage)
• Extensive use of VMware products, especially vCenter.
• Experience with open stack.
• Experience, as in day-to-day usage of any type of enterprise level application, such as databases, NoSQLs, Hadoop variations.
• Experience with containers.
• Experience with cloud deployment and cloud operations.
Travel required: 20%-25% or more at peak.
Job Family: Sales Operations Job Family Group
Job ID: R18245