Company: Trinity Seafood
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: 0
Responsible for maintaining and developing business with new and existing customers-Restaurants, Markets, Hotels and Country Clubs, Super Markets. Non-traditional Markets.
- Achieve Seafood Sales goals and objectives in assigned territory
- Responsible for maintenance and identification of new sales opportunities within existing accounts.
- Responsible for increasing sales through account penetration by analyzing current sales and volume, planning sales call and following up
- Provide exemplary customer service, makes sales calls and presentations outside of the office as often as necessary to maintain a solid customer relationship and as required to increase sales/penetration.
- Responds timely to customer questions and inquiries and is courteous and professional to enhance customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the creation and ongoing development of customer communication including newsletters, and new product notifications.
- Notify Management immediately if an existing account is in jeopardy
- Monitors customer satisfaction and takes corrective action, as needed, in a effort to retain account and improve CS
- Create and enter orders into database.
- Fax pricing to Customer base.
- Actively solve problems associated with sales.
- Assist with answering all customer phone calls and inquiries.
- Represent Trinity in a professional manner at all times
- Penetrate target accounts, selling all product categories and services.
- Pursue business with continued in-person follow-up
- Prospect and develop new customers, cold calling, networking as needed
- Assist in collecting monies due from accounts as per Trinity credit policies
- Participate in marketing opportunities; food shows, and sales events.
- Provide marketing support for special interest programs and promotions
- Maintain and complete all paperwork required for this position.
- Periodically deliver product to customer (average weight of product is 30 to 50 pounds per case)
- Purchase seafood products from suppliers through-out the United States and Canada; as well as internationally.
- Prepare purchase orders.
- Maintain inventory information in the database.
- Monitor the inventory levels of all fresh and frozen seafood products.
- Monitor the Quality of product and work with suppliers to ensure purchased product is of the desired quality.
- Assist with qualifying new vendors and periodic qualification of existing vendors.
- Assist with maintaining and developing relationships with key vendors to facilitate supply management. This duty and the qualification of vendors may require visiting vendor operations within the US or internationally.
- Assist with planning the purchasing strategy to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for following and maintaining company policies regarding employee handbook and corporate policies.
- Must be able to work independently and be reliable, responsible, dependable and fulfilling obligations.
- Excellent sales and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, CRM or Sales Database experience preferred.
- Seafood industry experience preferred
- Sales or Customer Service Experience mandatory
Performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and is frequently required to sit. The employee must be able to handle extensive use of office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, stretch, or walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Occasional exposure to environmental conditions such as heat, cold, temperature changes, industrial noise, and construction hazards usually accompanied by business travel and visits to oil, gas, and refining facilities. The constant physical demands of the position are talking and hearing. The frequent physical demands of the position are sitting, standing and walking. The occasional physical demands of the position are carrying, pushing, pulling, handling, repetitive motions, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
For questions regarding the status of your application, please contact Sheila Santangelo at 732-276-4765
or by email at email@example.com
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without future employment sponsorship.
Trinity Seafood is proud to be an EEO/AA employer - M/F/D/V.
This opportunity is available through Trinity Seafood. This is not a Corporate position.
All hiring decisions will be made at the sole discretion of Trinity Seafood.
Employment Type: Full Time