The principle purpose of the Search & Navigation Analyst is to provide improvements in search and navigation on Lowes.com, Lowes.com's mobile site, and all mobile applications. The candidate will work closely with the Manager of Search and Navigation to optimize the customer experience and execute best practices.
The Search & Navigation Analyst is expected to stay current on industry trends, emerging technologies, and new methodologies, and will contribute regularly with infrastructure changes as related to search and navigation functionality. In addition, the Search & Navigation Analyst is responsible for assisting with analytic projects, providing expertise in problem analysis, solution implementation, and ongoing optimization.
The Search & Navigation Analyst is also responsible for assisting natural search traffic by integrating data strategies of controlled vocabulary and product/category naming conventions. The candidate may also assist with training members of the Search and Navigation team, as well as assisting in training departments outside the Lowes.com organization on search and navigation strategy.
To accomplish this, the Search & Navigation Analyst must have a strong interest in problem solving, collaborative partnerships, data manipulation, customer behavior, and the digital space. Also, the Analyst - Search & Navigation must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity in proactively identifying opportunities for improved results.
Essential & Core Responsibilities:
• Assist in developing, maintaining, and improving search and navigation on Lowes.com, Lowes.com mobile web, and all mobile applications.
• Drives efforts related to customer feedback on search and navigation behavior, including problem identification, trending and isolation, and, when necessary, recommendation of enhancements to architecture for overall CSAT improvements.
• Ensures the application of SEO best practices when recommending metadata and product-naming conventions to optimize natural search
• Drives process for monitoring, analyzing, and scoring search architecture changes and then reporting such analytical findings to stakeholders
• Assist in tracking measures of success and developing dashboard reports that measure financial results, customer satisfaction, and engagement metrics for search and navigation
• Assist in identifying innovative ways for measuring and improving customer engagement
• Support test & learn efforts for key functional components
• Support implementation efforts of search architecture strategies for desktop and mobile platforms
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of search engine + taxonomy/ontology tools utilized by Lowes.com to optimize product and content metadata
• Liaison with Business Operations' Product and Search team, ensuring accurate and timely execution of change requests
• Develops a working knowledge of key group functions (Merchandising, Product Information, Lowes.com, etc.) to accurately scope projects and create reasonable timelines
• Support functional area(s) in reaching their goals via timely and insightful analyses
• Keeps pace with change and maintains a competitive advantage within the marketplace by seeking out and learning changes in the field
• Responsible for working across Search and Navigation teams to accomplish tasks
• Collaborates on project discovery, project coordination, and project implementation
• Develops communications, conveying message at the appropriate level for the given audience
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in problem-solving field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Business, Architecture, Design, Physics, or related), OR 4 years' experience in a problem-solving, quantitative role.
• Familiarity with programming formulas and functions in Microsoft Excel, Alteryx, or related data-manipulation tool in support of optimization, analysis, or automation.
• Desire for understanding problems, developing hypotheses, problem-solving, and testing & learning
• Desire for analyzing urgent business needs and making sound recommendations to business partners based on strategic and corporate priorities
• Desire for forming relationships/partnerships and leading by influence rather than by authority in a highly-matrixed organization
• Desire for managing time and priorities while driving multiple projects at once
• 1+ year's analytical experience using data systems, including an enterprise-grade analytics tool (Hadoop, Teradata, Aster, Adobe SiteCatalyst, Adobe Insight, Alteryx, Tableau, etc.)
• 1+ year's experience programming complex formulas and functions in Microsoft Excel, Alteryx, or related data-manipulation tool in support of optimization, analysis, or automation.
• 1+ year's experience architecting and managing search functionality on a retail website, preferably with Solr, Lucene, Cassandra, HBase, or other.
• 1+ year's functional experience in performing predictive analytics
• 1+ year's experience communicating and interacting with stakeholders and business partners across the organization and at various levels (technical to creative - individual contributors to executive)
• 1+ year's experience forming relationships/partnerships and leading by influence rather than by authority in a highly-matrixed organization
• Masters in quantitative field
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving more than 17 million customers a week in the United States, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2015 sales of $59.1 billion, Lowe's has more than 2,355 home improvement and hardware stores and 285,000 employees. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves through programs that focus on K-12 public education and community improvement projects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
A little about us:
Lowe’s isn’t just a home improvement company; we’re committed to creating a culture that’s inspiring.