- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (Google, Yahoo, etc.) including the campaign planning, implementation, keyword bid management, performance monitoring, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Report & analyze on key performance indicators, and identify opportunities for improvement on a regular basis.
- Ensure revenue, budget, ROI, and other business goals are met
- Analyze industry trends, and competitive landscape to exploit expansion & optimization opportunities
- Review and optimize keyword coverage, account structure, negative keyword strategies, bidding strategies, ad copy messaging, landing page experience, and conversion flows.
- Analyze user behavior on landing pages and conversion funnels using web analytic tools
- Drive the design and execution A/B tests on ad copy and landing pages to optimize performance of landing pages
- Collaborate with the other marketing channels to exchange data observations & learning
- Partner with Creative, Product/Merchandising, Localization, and Regional Marketing teams to enhance keyword coverage, ad copy performance, and conversion rates
- Manage relationships with vendors related to search marketing
- Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing, competitive landscape, and keyword research.
- 1+ years of experience managing & optimizing paid search programs
- Hands-on knowledge of best practices in SEM and a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint
- Exceptional copy writing skills
- Strong critical thinking ability & communication skills
- Experience in analyzing large datasets in order to gain insights and draw conclusions
- Experience in using keyword bid management tools and proficiency in Marin Software a plus.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools, i.e. Adobe SiteCatalyst, Coremetrics, Webtrends, Google Analytics
- Experience in designing and executing tests on ad copy & landing pages. Experience with Adobe Test & Target a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills required; solid understanding of MS Access, Business Objects, SQL, and HTML is a plus
- Written and verbal fluency in European language would be a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, with an eagerness to consistently exceed objectives and improve processes
- An organized, self-motivated individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results; a good team player.
- Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work.
- Google Adwords certification a plus.
- Education: BA/BS with a strong quantitative background preferred
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.