Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
Want to learn more? Click "apply now"
above to get in touch!
We are the Search Platform and Applications team in Workday. Our focus is on the practical application of search, machine learning and distributed computing. Workday is the Cloud based SaaS company providing industry leading solutions in the space of HR, Financial, Workforce planning and Learning for more than 30% of the Fortune 500. This gives us an incredible dataset to collect, transform and analyze to help the world's largest organizations make strategic decisions about their people and finances.
We are looking for Software Engineers to build the infrastructure for enterprise search. We are working on building a scalable and high performant search platform using ElasticSearch. This gives our engineers a chance to not only work on some bleeding edge technologies but also the experience of building something robust used by millions of users.
Do you want to work on leveraging Workday's vast computing resources with its rich and extensive datasets? To work with world class engineers and facilitate the development of the search platform and applications used by Fortune 500 companies? If so, we should chat. Excited? Here's more. In this role, you shall:
We would love to discuss your:
- As a part of an agile development team, work with product managers to solve enterprise search for some of the biggest companies in the planet.
- Collaboratively develop solutions using the latest data technologies including Scala, Java, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Kafka and leveraging a range of Machine Learning techniques.
- Build and deliver customer-facing products based on one of the largest human capital management data sets in the enterprise world.
We're Looking for:
- Professional experience with big data technologies and distributed systems in end-to-end products.
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience
- Educational background in relevant field (Computer Science, Applied Math, Statistics, and other quantitative fields Computer Science Bachelor's or higher).
- Scala or Java experience.
- Experience with Hadoop/Elasticsearch/Kafka and building applications end-to-end
- Experience with stream based programming.
- Hands-on with testing, build automation, deployments, and monitoring. (in addition to design and implementation)
- Having Ruby Experience is a plus
What we offer:
- Ruby (only for tooling and automation)
- Git and Github
Learn more about Workday:
- Opportunity to make an impact on industry-leading projects
- Work with a highly motivated and dedicated team
- Full medical, dental, vision for FTE roles
- Employer-matching 401k
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan
- Paid baby bonding / parental leave
- Adoption reimbursement
- Back-up child and elderly daycare
- Dog friendly offices (Pleasanton-only)
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthy snack program
- Fitness rooms
Workday's Technology Platform and Development Process (whitepaper):
http://bit.ly/wdaytechdev Workday Technology and Innovation Blog:
EVP of Development Explains Technology behind Workday's Innovative Applications (YouTube):