Under general supervision, possesses technical competence on fire / security systems and the ability to resolve or guide others through systems problem resolution. Able to perform programming, commissioning, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of fire/security systems per contract obligations. Provides detailed information to communicate design to customers, installation or service team and subcontractors.
• Provides solutions to systems problems by troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires thorough understanding of core and third party fire /security products, software and systems / electrical technology.
• Configures fire/security systems, which utilize both core and third party fire / security products and systems /electrical technology as defined by the project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Orders material from both internal sources and / or external vendors, and expedites as necessary. Ensures timely delivery to appropriate locations. Completes all required commissioning documentation. Provides accurate information for as-builts documentation.
• Assists engineering and sales by providing technical recommendations to produce job layouts and bid proposals.
• Performs site-specific training for owner / operator on the total system.
• Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
• Maintains appropriate local and National Fire / Security Industry Certifications.
• Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
• Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place. Plans for future needs with customer that include recommending complete systems enhancements and promoting the sale of add-on work.
• Assists in monitoring project execution per plan. Reports problems or changes to management.
• Creates and presents field proposals for small projects and labor and material.
• May mentor Fire and / or Security Technicians on tools and technology. Serves as a Fire/Security Team technical resource.
• May assist sales in development of cost estimate on complex projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Electronics Certification from an accredited Technical School with three years' experience required in the Fire / Security Industry. NICET Level I Certification preferred. Experience within the fire / security industry with basic knowledge and understanding of fire / security systems, database structures, network configuration and analysis. Able to act independently and to coordinate the work of others on a job site. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts. Able to explain technical information to non-technical people. Valid driver's license.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.