Under limited supervision, possesses complete technical competence on all fire / security
systems and the ability to resolve or guide others through very complex problem resolution.
Responsible for programming, commissioning, troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of
fire / security systems per contract obligations. Provides detailed information to communicate
design to customers, installation or service team and subcontractors.
1. Provides solutions to systems problems by troubleshooting the system or advising others on
how to resolve problems. Requires thorough understanding of core and third party security, fire and other related low voltage system products, software, systems and IT networks, and electrical technology.
2. Configures security and fire systems, which utilize both core and third party security, fire and other related low voltage system
products, software, systems, networks and electrical technology as defined by the PSA Service agreement, project specification or on retrofit projects while maintaining quality and ensuring customer satisfaction.
3. Orders material from both internal sources and / or external vendors, and expedites as
necessary. Ensures timely delivery to appropriate locations.
4. Completes all required commissioning documentation. Provides accurate information and documentation per PSA or installation contracts.
5. Assists engineering and sales by providing technical recommendations to produce job
layouts and bid proposals.
6. Performs site-specific training for owner / operator on systems serviced and/or installed.
7. Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to
employee and subcontractor safety.
8. Maintains appropriate local and National Fire / Security Industry Certifications.
9. Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Continuous
proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs, wants and systems currently in place. Plans for future needs with customer that include
recommending complete systems enhancements and promoting the sale of add-on work.
10. Assists in monitoring service and/or project execution per plan. Reports problems or changes to sales and management.
11. Creates and presents field proposals for small projects and labor and material.
12. Serves as a Security and Fire Team technical resource. May assist sales in development of cost estimate on complex projects and service contract expansion opportunities..
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Electronics Certification from an accredited Technical School with seven years' experience required in
the commercial/industrial security and fire industries. NICET Level I or II preferred. Experience
within the security and fire industries with complete knowledge and understanding of security and fire systems,
database structures, network configuration and analysis. Able to act independently and to coordinate the work of others in a service environment and on a job site. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts. Able to explain technical information to non-technical.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.