RESPONSIBILTY LEVEL: Under direct supervision, completes assigned programming, commissioning, basic troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of fire / security systems per contract obligations.
• Assists experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires understanding of core and third party fire / security products, software and systems / electrical technology.
• Assists in performing required commissioning documentation. Provide accurate information for as-builts documentation.
• Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
• Maintains appropriate local and National Fire / Security Industry Certifications.
• Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
• Assists in monitoring project execution per plan. Reports problems or changes to supervisor or management.
• Completes paperwork and on site documentation as required.
• Performs self-study (reading, research, and practice) to obtain technical proficiency on required products and application.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma plus two years experience in installing fire / security systems required. Electronics certification from an accredited technical school or military electronics training desired. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts. Basic computer skills required. Attention to detail.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.