Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
The AVP, SEC Reporting Analyst must be a strong, decisive, results-oriented person who can help in developing and managing relationships across State Street and with a wide variety of associates, based on trust, teamwork and knowledge. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Specific responsibilities for this very important role include
• Provide SEC accounting, reporting and Xtensible Business Reporting Language, or XBRL, expertise to support State Street's SEC reporting function
• Accurate and timely filing of all applicable SEC reports, including the Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K and other ad hoc filings
• Work in a collaborative environment with Global Accounting Policy, Investor Relations, internal legal counsel, Corporate Marketing, Regulatory Reporting, Global Corporate Accounting, independent accountants and other parties
• Provide supervisory oversight of junior staff, including preparation and review of work papers that document publicly-disclosed financial information
• Understand significant accounting transactions and be able to communicate them in financial statement presentation and disclosure
• Maintain a strong collaborative relationship with the Global Corporate Accounting function, including many sites outside the United States
• Be a key source of support within the group to ensure sustained career growth and staff development; support a collaborative environment that recognizes individual skill sets, fosters cross-functional initiatives and addresses developmental needs
• Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple and competing priorities
• Proven track record of advancement, managerial and business success, with a minimum of 6-8 years' overall experience, preferably at a large financial services company, including a minimum of 3 years' experience in public accounting
• Subject matter expertise in accounting and finance with strong technical knowledge of financial services industry accounting and reporting
• Direct experience with SEC reporting and XBRL preferred
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• High level of interpersonal skills and integrity
• Complex problem resolution and general management expertise
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree required; MBA desired
PROFESSIONAL LICENCES: CPA preferred, not required
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.