Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street Corporation's Controllership organization is seeking an Assistant Vice President, SEC Reporting to lead the SEC Reporting Team. The SEC Reporting Team is responsible for the preparation of the Company's annual and quarterly filings with the SEC, including the Forms 10-Q and 10-K, as well as periodic 8-K filings. The SEC Reporting Team interacts with individuals across State Street, including Global Accounting Policy, Investor Relations, Finance, Legal and various business partners. This role provides a great transition into a corporate role from public accounting for someone looking to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate must be a strong, decisive, results-oriented person who can lead the SEC Reporting Team and develop and manage relationships across State Street and with a wide variety of associates, based on trust, teamwork and knowledge. Strong management, verbal and written communication skills are required. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Provide SEC accounting, reporting and XBRL expertise to lead State Street's SEC reporting function, taking responsibility for the accurate and timely filing of all applicable SEC reports, including the Annual Report on Form 10-K, Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Current Reports on Form 8-K, as well as other filings as needed
- Provide management and supervisory oversight of staff, including on-the-job training, review of work papers and related disclosures, performance evaluations etc.
- Understand significant accounting transactions and be able to communicate them in financial statement presentation and disclosures
- Be a key source of support within the group to ensure sustained career growth and staff development; support a collaborative environment that recognizes individual skill sets, fosters cross-functional initiatives and addresses developmental needs
- Maintain a strong collaborative relationship with the Controllership function globally, including many sites outside the United States
- Ability to build relationships and work in a collaborative environment with Investor Relations, internal legal counsel, Corporate Marketing, Regulatory Reporting, Global Accounting, independent auditors and other parties
- Participate in various groups to share common information and influence accounting standards setters, such as COBAR, AICPA, industry working groups or others
- Work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with multiple and competing priorities
- Proven track record of advancement, managerial and business success
- Minimum of 10-12 years of experience, preferably at a large financial services company, including SEC Reporting and / or public accounting experience
- Subject matter expertise in accounting and finance with strong technical knowledge of the financial services industry accounting and reporting
- Direct experience with SEC reporting
- Experience with XBRL preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High level of interpersonal skills & integrity
- Complex problem resolution and management expertise
Bachelor's degree required; MBA desiredProfessional Licenses
: CPA preferred
Job Opening ID
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
A little about us:
We hire veterans to help us transform--improve and innovate--the way we run our business to face industry challenges head-on.