Securities Accounting Analyst
Financial accounting, financial reporting, and regulatory reporting functions and support for Comerica Securities (a highly regulated industry) and Comerica Insurance. Comerica Securities utilizes six different platforms to invest customer funds.
* Gather, organize, evaluate and analyze customer transactions and entries for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of the cash movement and identifying transactions that did not properly clear.
* Ensure compliance with brokerage industry regulations regarding the segregation of customer cash by identifying all customer cash held by Comerica Securities.
* Produce management financial reports by gathering data from multiple sources and applications, then analyzing and evaluating for accurate representation of the company's sources of revenue.
* Provide accounting controls and support for the daily activities of Comerica Securities and Comerica Insurance.
* Prepare analysis of company-held trading accounts that do not automatically post to the General Ledger and prepare GL entries to record income, expense, and changes in investment balances held in those accounts.
No relocation assistance is provided.
No travel is required.
* Bachelors Degree from an accredited university in Accounting or Finance
* 5 years brokerage accounting experience
* 5 years experience using Microsoft Office Suite - Advanced Skills in MS Access
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
At Comerica Bank, we’re looking for leaders to help guide a higher level of banking.