Needs an Active Secret clearance, and has 6 months to get a Security + certification
* The candidate will be part of a team providing specialized technical services to support Certification and Accreditation (C&A) activities required to permit systems to operate securely on DoD, AF and AMC enterprise networks in accordance with (IAW) DoDI 8510.01, Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT),AFI 33-200, Information Assurance (IA) Management, and AFI 33-210, Air Force Certification and Accreditation (C&A) Program (AFCAP).
* Responsible to assist in standardizing the security documentation and the engineering/security testing/auditing/intrusion detection functions across the C2, Transportation and Financial programs.
* Responsible to assist the ESS project to support the 375 Communications Group, Scott AFB, IL.
* Familiarity with DISA's Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) checklists in order to inspect the configuration of a systems operating system and select applications.
* Familiarity with vulnerability scanning tools to help in the assessment of systems being inspected to ensure identified vulnerabilities have been addressed by the system administrator
* Document findings to be send to system administrators for remediation and to government representatives to let them know the state of the systems.
* Familiarity with various operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Solaris), databases (Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL), and web services (Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat, etc)
* Organizational skills to help keep on premise STIG Library information up to date for supported programs of record.
* Security+ certification (within 6 months)
* SECRET clearance
Familiarity with Applications (NOT a requirement): SCAP Compliance Checker (SCC), Tenable's Security Center, Tenable's Nessus Scanner, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, Red Hat 6 & 7, MongoDB, JBoss, Apache.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.