The primary responsibility of the Security & Compliance-Network Engineer II is to assist in the development, engineering, deployment, configuration, break/fix resolution, security, and management of IBM Bluemix Infrastructure (SoftLayer) networks. This position interfaces directly with our data center staff, procurement teams, management, development teams, and vendor support staff.Responsibilities Include:
- Receive escalations from our Network Operations Center (NOC), Network Support Engineers, and Management to solution and resolve customer issues.
- Provide support to sales and for customer-related network issues.
- Engage with Technical Account Managers and/or Sales Engineers to represent the networking department in discussions with customers.
- Troubleshoot and identify network issues as they are escalated and fix/escalate/document as needed/required.
- Create diagrams and other documentation of network environments.
- Ability to recognize and prioritize critical tasks independently.
- Plan, schedule, and implement network maintenance's that include firmware upgrades and hardware replacement.
- Meet project deadlines.
- Collaboratively manage vendor support escalations.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.