Performs assigned system commissioning using industry standards, OEM guidelines, codes and regulations, Johnson Controls configurations and commissioning tools. Leads Code Compliance activities for Fire Alarm systems. Troubleshoots and resolves basic Security and Fire Alarm trouble faults, electrical issues, and controls / equipment problems. Responds to basic warranty calls.
1. Loads Security and Fire Alarm control upgrades.
2. Performs basic commissioning and system diagnostics from systems front-end to end devices (e.g. smoke detectors, cameras, door hardware, etc) and completes all required commissioning documentation.
3. Keeps management and JCI contractor or customer informed of job progress and issues.
4. Calibrates systems requiring basic electronic test equipment.
5. Completes administrative tasks including but not limited to time sheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation.
6. Documents changes and provides information for as-built documentation. Documents all required testing for AHJ.
7. Communicates with the JCI contractor or customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site.
8. Supports Related Properties and O & M Team with interactions with AHJ including all site based support on system upgrades and testing.
9. Follows all safety standards and attends required safety training. High degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
For ST I: Demonstrated technical aptitude. Able to use hand and power tools (i.e. drills, saws, etc.). Basic computer skills required. Attention to detail. Good communication and listening skills.
For ST II: All of the above plus two years of experience in installing electronic Security and Fire Alarm systems. Demonstrated knowledge of Security and Fire Alarm systems.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.