What will you do:
Under general supervision, acts as on-site leader to plan, execute, and complete Security/Fire projects with assigned customers. Performs or delegates tasks as required to execute and fully complete assigned projects including: hardware design, system programming, installation coordination, system and network commissioning and closeout. Responsible for the overall financial results of assigned projects including: costs, project billings and collections. Maintains an effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results. Actively pursues selling change orders. Coordinates communication with the customer during all phases of the project. Ensures proper execution of warranty. Provides work direction to subcontractors, technicians, designers and administrators as necessary. Ensures work performed is in compliance with state, local and Federal legal requirements. Operates on the job with the highest of ethics. Adheres and ensures Johnson Controls staff and subcontractors adhere to all safety standards and requirements.How will you do it:
What we look for: Required
- Completes typical installation hardware design and software programming using established standards as required. Provides detailed information to communicate design and operation to the customer and subcontractors.
- Actively pursues additional scope work through change orders. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Communicates both technical and business related issues with the client.
- Manages the selection, ordering, budget, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
- Completes the loading, device verification and commissioning of all system controllers as required. Validates complete system functionality and troubleshoots problems with subcontractors and other trades to ensure proper operation. Provides accurate as-built and commissioning documentation.
- Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely, accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and a positive cash flow.
- Provides coaching and mentoring on-the-job to Security/Fire Technicians and Security & Fire Systems Designers.
- Effectively communicates the status of projects to managements as required and provides monthly forecasts of revenue, cost and gross margin.
- Sends warranty letter to JCI customer upon substantial completion of project and ensures proper execution of warranty.
- Develops project plans and coordinates the required resources to ensure timely and effective installation and completion of assigned projects.
- Performs site-specific training for owner / operator on the total system in full or with assistance. Ensures owner / operator has been trained. Provides proper documentation and manuals for system operation.
- Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with contractors, clients, consultants and subcontractors. Attend job progress meetings as required.
- Adheres to safety standards, local and national security & fire codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Electronics Certification from an accredited Technical School, or equivalent military training and four years experience required in the Security/Fire industry.
- Must have relevant technical hands on experience in system design and commissioning of fire / security systems.
- Must have training and experience with fiber and networks as well as a working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft programs and databases.
- Able to act independently and to coordinate the work of others on a job site.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills to represent the company to customers and other outside contacts.
- Able to explain technical information to non-technical people.
- Knowledge of project accounting, costing principals and contracting preferred.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com