Under general direction, provides technical support to the sales team for an opportunity currently in the sales process. Supports the sales team on larger projects that are more technically and financially complex. PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Supports the sales team in closing sales by designing and engineering creative, innovative and sound technical security solutions, including related cost estimating. Performs security risk assessments and audits of facilities to identify areas of existing and potential security risks.
- Gathers all necessary information and data to build the technical solution. Develops a cost efficient solution that meets the security specification and customer requirements.
- Supports the proposal team in meeting the goals of security projects by researching applicable codes and local standards to ensure that project specifications are in compliance.
- Contributes to the profitable growth of the area by applying knowledge of vertical markets. Recommends comprehensive security offerings that will increase market share and exceed customers' expectations. Communicates JCI's technical value proposition to the sales team and customer.
- Maintains key local security supplier relationships.
- Participates in turnover meetings with the assigned Project Manager. Ensures that the Project Manager understands the technical solutions sold. Provides all documentation and specification related details.
- Stays abreast of new security technologies as well as integrated security solutions.
- Assists the sales team in presenting technical security solutions to the customer.
- Advises the operations team on additional systems needed in the technical library. Creates and maintains the technical security sales library and link to the AIM tools whenever appropriate.
- Uses standard JCI development processes and tools in performing role and responsibilities.
- Participates in ASIS (American Society for Industrial Security) and other relevant security professional organizations.
- Obtains relevant professional certifications and licenses.
- Promotes adherence to JCI safety policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree preferred in engineering, or equivalent security system engineering experience. Seven to ten years of experience in the design, installation, and commissioning of electronic / electrical security systems is required. Physical Security Professional certification is desired. Specific vertical market industry experience is desired. General knowledge of CAD, estimating, and project management. Solid computer skills, including an understanding of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project. Must be able to work independently, have good verbal and communication skills, think conceptually, possess a strong work ethic, and be willing to travel 25% of the time.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.