Security Architect and DevOps Lead
Location: Durham, North Carolina
Posted: September 26, 2017
Reference ID: 1216888
What You'll Do
It is an exciting time in Cisco's Information Security (Infosec) as the organization evolves to its next-generation with a mission to 'to enable a Cisco that secures itself, its ecosystem and the industry, leveraging Cisco on Cisco and industry leading practices'.
Who You''ll Work With
Play a crucial role in driving next-gen software innovations including cloud, mobile, desktop or security spaces. You'll build applications that make technology accessible to people on a variety of devices. Imagine, design, and create solutions to transform how we work, live, learn and play.
Who You Are
* Be part of a team of engineers involved in the development and testing of software for our next generation Vulnerability Management solutions
* Lead design discussion and develop high-scale data collection, analysis, and reporting systems for both InfoSec and Cisco-wide use.
* Work with architects and product owners / customers to help prioritize and define feature functionality.
* Design tool chain for larger Cisco Corporation to share critical data with customers. Implement distributed data retrieval, assurance, visualization, and control algorithms with the intent of efficiently mitigating risks and remediating vulnerabilities
* Operate in an Agile methodology with an eye toward robust and disciplined software development.
* Contribute to functional specifications. Write portions of product spec and help seek clarity where it doesn't exists.
* Design & Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
* Strong ability and desire to learn new tools as required is an absolute must.
* Determine the most modern and appropriate technologies for the task at hand.
* Lead the development team to insure all members are properly defining, prioritizing, building, testing, and delivering the solutions needed to support our team and our clients
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.