The Enterprise Security Architect will work as a member of the Global Information Security team whose team is focused on improving decision-making through collaboration with management, staff and customers on technology strategy, enterprise architecture, and investments in strategic technology.
The individual provides overall direction, life cycle management and leadership for all Information Security architecture and technology. The individual performs the lead role in the identification, analysis, evaluation, life-cycle management and adoption of security technologies. The Security Architect is a key consultant regarding security features of technologies in the corporate environment, working closely with other security functions to ensure that there is coordination with their activities in technology choices.
- Expertise in data-protection mechanisms including an in understanding of cryptographic algorithms such as AES, 3DES, RSA, ECC, SHA etc.
- Knowledge and experience with key management protocols such as KMIP and techniques of effective key management and industry standard guidelines from X9, NIST etc.
- Expertise in data-protection software and hardware solutions including Application, Database, and File level encryption and tokenization solutions.
- Native database protection solutions.
- Segregation of duties implementations for databases.
- Big Data Security including Hadoop security and emerging technologies such as im-memory and NoSQL.
- Experience in best-of-breed data retention policies.
- Experience in data exfiltration techniques and detection and response tools and strategies.
- Strong experience in Threat Modeling of complex security systems.
- Experience in delivering comprehensive architecture specifications for complex security.
- Building strong cross-organizational relationships and effectively influencing staff across the IT organization and broader enterprise.
- Manage the life cycle of all security technologies.
- Works closely with the other technology architects to ensure that security is properly provisioned in their technology domains.
- Assist other technology architects in defining the variance processes and making variance decisions.
- Evaluates and assess risk as part of the life-cycle analysis.
- Creation and maintenance of enterprise security standards applicable to all technologies in the portfolio.
- Provides leadership to extend the organization s ability to optimize use of emerging technologies.
- Stays current with security technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value.
- Participates in setting strategic direction.
- Architects, prioritizes, coordinates and communicates the choice of security. technologies necessary to ensure a highly secure yet usable computing environment
- Participates in management of customer satisfaction, best practices and benchmarking
- Assists in the evaluation of overall risk for IT systems and the data they contain and process, accounting for the people, processes, and technologies that provide security controls.
- Maintains an expert knowledge in the field of Information Security and the related issues, systems, processes, products, and services.
- Assists in the audit process.
- Advises leadership on Information Security issues, systems, processes, products, and services.
- Maintains oversight of the design and implementation of IT systems to ensure appropriate and effective security controls are included.
- Serving as an Information Security expert contributes to the definition of overall IT architecture.
- Degree Required: B.S or higher
- Years of Experience: 3-7
- Demonstrated ability to integrate various security & data protection technologies and controls into a cohesive architecture that sufficiently mitigates risk to the company.
- Deep technical understanding of and experience with security technologies including, but not limited to, intrusion detection/prevention, event correlation, firewall, antivirus, anti-spam, policy enforcement, patch/configuration management, audit, secure application development, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the security controls provided in common platforms and applications in the corporate environment including, but not limited to: Unix, Linux, Windows, IBM Mainframe (zTPF, MVS), Oracle, MS SQL Server Microsoft Outlook, J2EE and .NET applications, etc.
- Familiarity with hosted and cloud services, especially Seas and Iasi services, and the related security implications and control approaches.
- Experience with applicable control frameworks and compliance mandates.
- Executive presence; highly effective communicator; well-honed influencing and negotiating skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution.
- Strategic thinker; visionary; innovative.
- Excellent operational skills; quality and results oriented.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Ability to communicate clearly end effectively with the technical and business stakeholders.
- Leading and/or participation in teams.
- Convincingly articulates vision and strategy for complex technical undertakings.
- Ability to use personal influence and communications to align technology to business objectives.
- Self-motivated without the need for signification management oversight
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make expert judgments in situations where no precedent exists.
- Familiarity with the business and its security posture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.