The Security Architect will be part of the Enterprise Security Architecture Team focused on delivering innovative and secure architectures in the web application and mobile application space to the enterprise environment. Visa is looking for an innovative security champion who can solve complex security problems. The individual provides technical leadership when it comes to web and mobile security applications. The individual is expected to work closely with other solutions and security architects, developers and operators to deliver a security solution using hands-on experience in rolling security solutions and services
- Provide technical leadership across the company, presenting a solid knowledge and expertise in the security practices addressing the various platforms, systems, and applications employed within the Visa stack
- Understand current security posture of applications including web and mobile specific for Visa's enterprise
- Lead integration, automation, and functional enhancements around existing security tools and processes ensuring innovation and advancement strategies that keep pace in the areas of access control, security-in-depth, secure transaction processing, secure coding practices for web and mobile applications
- Identify and analyze system and application level vulnerabilities to provide recommended counter measures or mitigating controls that reduce risk to an acceptable and manageable level
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of architectural solutions, risk findings and propose remediation and mitigation options
- Have a solid understanding of current compliance, regulatory and legal requirements relevant to the transaction processing industry such as PCI, HIPPA, SOX, and GLB
- Be able to seek concurrence and buy-in from associates and senior
- Be able to ensure that stakeholder communications are timely, clear and concise. This includes the necessary scope of inclusion/exclusion, rules of engagement, timeframes, regular periodic management checkpoints, success criteria and reporting
- Manage risk through a shared vision with the business leaders. Consult with and provide advice to senior management and their organizations in the development, implementation, and administration of information security policies and procedures, and on the information security infrastructure and privacy (PCI) related issues
- Research the viability of new security products solutions that might assist the ISO operational groups in optimizing security patching, vulnerability scanning, IDS monitoring, log review,access management
- As a Subject Matter Expert, maintain a level of knowledge to qualify as an authority in the profession within and outside Visa
- Independently formulate direction, design or oversight for the development of major company-wide programs or plans that have significant impact on the success of the organization.
- Be a good team player and able to make sound decisions, exercise insightful judgment and use seasoned judgment
- Degree Required & Years of Experience: B.S + 5/MS + 3 years or higher in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or relevant field
- Executive presence; highly effective communicator
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; able to quickly digest any issue/problem encountered and recommend an appropriate solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to author and present materials ranging from detailed technical specifications to high-level presentations.
- Have experience of project planning/reporting and management concepts, methodologies, tools, standards and procedures.
- Proven experience in architecting complex web applications with backend services expertise such as API Gateway, Identity and Access Management Services, Data Protection technologies, Security Information Event Management
- Include strong knowledge of Secure Development Lifecycle methodologies, Agile based methodologies, middleware platforms, development platforms (Java and .NET etc.).
- Have experience working on large scale cloud based services (including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and very understanding of security challenges involve in deploying Cloud Applications
- Hands on SW development experience in C/Objective-C/C++/Swift/Java
- Technical experience with security technologies including, but not limited to, intrusion detection/prevention, event correlation, firewall, antivirus, anti-spam, policy enforcement, patch/configuration management, usage monitoring, audit, secure application development, etc.
- Good if have experience if these solutions and technologies: Safenet, Vormetric, SPLUNK, Voltage, Thales, zTPF, zOS Crypto services, Containers like Dockers, Fortify, SIEM tools, Hadoop, Active Directory, PKI
- Experience of smartphone platforms (iOS, Android and/or BlackBerry) and mobilized services. Good understanding of embedded systems based is a plus
- Knowledge in payment services and systems is a plus
- Knowledge payment compliance and standards (PCI DSS, FFIEC, NIST Security Standards ) is a plus
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
"Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code."
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.