Security Architect Job Description
Security Architect develops and helps to drive the adoption of software security strategy, security architecture standards, design patterns, and best practices across Intel software products and services. Builds strong relationships with Intel's SW business and technical teams and ensures that the security strategy is aligned with those teams' objectives and their overall business strategy. Maintains a deep level of expertise in at least one technical domain (e.g., web application security, cloud security, IoT and mobile security, etc.) and provides/contributes to thought leadership in this area.
- Responsible for secure design, development and operation of Intel's hardware and software products and services.
- Provides consultation in security architecture design/review of projects and other activities involving the use of security technologies related to the web applications, mobile/cloud computing products and services.
- Works with other security architects responsible for technical security risk assessments of new projects, and mitigation of risk associated with existing projects. for product features requirements/objectives
- Works with other security architects in product groups to ensure security reaches high quality standards by managing deficiencies or helping guide security
- Promotes security research and internal/external influence on software security community.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral skills that indicate:
- Excellent communication, documentation skills.
- Strong skill set on current intrusion methods and prevention.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals.
- Experience building and managing relationships with diverse stakeholders including senior-level technical and non-technical staff.
- Must have broad and deep technical knowledge and be able to learn new technologies rapidly and independently.
- Position requires a minimum of 8 years of experience in SW/Information Security, preferably including experience designing and implementing security policies and security architecture in IoT, mobile or cloud computing environment. Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Science, Information systems or related field, or BS in one of these disciplines with additional 2 years of experience required.
- 7 years of technical experience in at least one major technical security domain (application, web services, cloud, mobile computing, etc.)
- 2 years onsulting skills and be comfortable partnering with business units to understand business requirements and advise on security matters 2 years of experience in security policies and practices, including ISO - 17000, 27034 etc.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with:
- Cryptography algorithms for encryption of personal data storage/authentication etc.
- Windows 10 and Linux operating systems, and Web hosting services
- Programming languages like C, C , or Java
Inside this Business Group
- Significant knowledge of security standards, security controls, software technology and software security.
- Broad knowledge of a wide range of security and non-security technologies.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following: application security, web services security, cloud/virtualization security, IoT Security, media SW security
- General understanding of application security architecture and secure development best practices.
- Should have broad technical foundation and be able to understand network, operating system, database and application development design and support as necessary to be able to analyze issues and recommend solutions for the detection, remediation and prevention of security vulnerabilities.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.