Security Architect Job Description
Security Architect develops and helps to drive the adoption of software security strategy, security architecture standards, design patterns, and best practices across Intel software products and services. Builds strong relationships with Intel's SW business and technical teams and ensures that the security strategy is aligned with those teams' objectives and their overall business strategy. Maintains a deep level of expertise in at least one technical domain (e.g., web application security, cloud security, IoT and mobile security, etc.) and provides/contributes to thought leadership in this area.
- Responsible for secure design, development and operation of Intel's hardware and software products and services.
- Provides consultation in security architecture design/review of projects and other activities involving the use of security technologies related to the web applications, mobile/cloud computing products and services.
- Works with other security architects responsible for technical security risk assessments of new projects, and mitigation of risk associated with existing projects. for product features requirements/objectives
- Works with other security architects in product groups to ensure security reaches high quality standards by managing deficiencies or helping guide security
- Promotes security research and internal/external influence on software security community.
The ideal candidate should exhibit behavioral skills that indicate:
- Excellent communication, documentation skills.
- Strong skill set on current intrusion methods and prevention.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to coach and motivate less experienced team members to achieve their goals.
- Experience building and managing relationships with diverse stakeholders including senior-level technical and non-technical staff.
- Must have broad and deep technical knowledge and be able to learn new technologies rapidly and independently.
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.