Security BIOS Engineering Intern Job Description
Intel Corporation's Software and Services Group (SSG) is looking for an intern to work in the area of platform firmware resiliency. The Platform Armoring and Resiliency PAR team within SSG is responsible for creating a secure firmware capability within Intel and the ecosystem to proactively ensure the standard boot and recovery infrastructure of IA platforms is both usable and secure
Responsibilities may be quite diverse in a technical nature and will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the role, U.S. experience and education requirements. Job assignments may be for the summer or for short periods throughout the school year.
The responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Utilizing fuzzing and symbolic execution tools to explore target binaries
- Prototyping new functionality in UEFI/BIOS
- Developing/supporting software tools in C and Python
- Gathering and analyzing execution traces to identify patterns of interest
- Utilizing QEMU or virtualization environments to analyze target binaries
- Able to collaborate in team environments
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.Minimum Requirements:
- Must be pursuing a bachelor's in Computer Science, Computer Engineering Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Must be available for a 3 to 6 month internship
- Minimum 6 months experience with:
- IA assembler
- Minimum 3 months experience with CPU architecture.
- Minimum 3 months experience with platform boot firmware
- Must have a legal right to work in the US without sponsorship
Inside this Business Group
- 3 months experience with Intel Model-Specific Registers (MSRs) or Configuration Space Registers (CSRs)
- 3 months experience with developing kernel modules or kernel code
The Intel Software and Services Group (SSG) connects Intel to the worldwide software community. SSG strives to bring competitive advantage to Intel platforms by helping independent software vendors, operating system developers, OEMs, channel members and systems integrators deliver exceptional customer value and achieve differentiation on Intel® processor technologies. SSG provides global leadership to the software community through its technical expertise, industry enabling activities, and developer products and programs. Posting Statement.
Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.