Additional Location(s) or Information: Major Eastern US City
Job Category: Sales
Level of Experience: Experienced - Non Manager
Requisition #: R1021971
What You'll Do
We have an exciting Email Security Consulting Systems Engineer role open in our Global Security Sales Organization! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a passion for delivering world-class technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are an aggressive, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco's opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco's Security Architecture, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, and create the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out to details:
• Serve as the subject matter expert in Cisco Email Security Solutions
• Provide guidance and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer email security needs
• Work with technology experts to help them position Cisco's email security solutions effectively against competing offerings
• Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities
• Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements
• Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Security technologies
• Create, present and document technical solutions
• Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
• Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e. - technical consulting, upper level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership
Who You'll Work With
In this role as Email Security Consulting Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for owning all aspects of Email Security technical pre-sales requests. The candidate will provide deep technical coverage for both individual Cisco Security products as well as overall Security Architectures utilizing multiple Security products. The engineer will be working as a part of the global security sales team and deliver support leveraging Cisco collaboration technologies such as Telepresence, WebEx and Desktop Video Conferencing solutions.
Who You Are
• Minimum 7+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience with 5+ years in Security specialization experience with Email and Web Security, IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
• Pre-sales experience required
• Successful quota achievement
• Proven track record or managing and winning technical and high value IT security projects
• Experience of administering Unix/Linux systems, low-layer (packet-level) IP networking and have a thorough understanding of network security
• Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
• Commercial awareness and communication skills
• Highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
• Desirable experience including press experience, delivering training courses, prior experience with Cisco/Sourcefire security technologies, experience with programming languages such as UNIX shell, Perl or C
• Knowledge of Cyber Security topics that relate to Threat Centric protection technologies
• An understanding of the workings and technologies in typical IT infrastructures
• Hands on experience, through college or jobs/internships that relate to Network Security, including but not limited to Anti-Malware, Email Security Gateways, Web Security Gateways, Cloud Security, Next Generation Firewalls, and Identity and Access
• Cisco Security Certifications (CCNA / CCNP) are a plus but not required. Industry recognized certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, etc. also a plus
Why Cisco Security
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Job Type: Experienced
Opportunity Category: Security
A little about us:
We are one, big, techie, employee tribe that changes the world while having fun.