McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Security Director, Headquarters Operations
The Director of Security Operations – Corporate Complex will assume leadership of security for the McLean Virginia Headquarters location(s) to include all company owned/leased properties in the McLean area. The individual in this role will report to the Vice President of Corporate Security and will be responsible for developing, documenting and implementing all aspects of a comprehensive security program (physical and technical security, life safety, guard force operation, interagency liaison, etc.) for the vast mixed use complex under construction.
The Director will have significant influence working in a highly complex and collaborative culture and environment, creating opportunity for strategic execution and operation within the security programs, other staff groups and lines of business. The director develops and provides comprehensive security management solutions to ensure the security and safety of Capital One Financial (COF) assets and associates and may supervise directly, or indirectly, security staff members across various security engagements. The Director leads security projects of high technical complexity and high risk profile and is viewed as an authority in his or her area of expertise. He or she is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with senior management in area of responsibility, as well as interacting with internal and external stakeholders such as property managers, local and federal law enforcement and external security experts. The Director consults with various stakeholders on security risks and implements solutions as necessary. The Director is responsible for keeping management informed of major accomplishments, issues and concerns while following company policies and sound risk management practices. The director will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, work independently under minimal supervision, and will exercise extensive latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
Our ideal candidate:
- Demonstrates a profound sense of ethics, integrity, and confidentiality-adhering to a core set of values in good times and in bad consistent with Capital One's vision and values.
- Possesses an “Analytical Mindset” able to identify and analyze issues and gather information to determine causes and possible solutions.
- Recognizes, dimensions and contextualizes risk.
- Is a proven innovator and creative problem-solver.
- Navigates ambiguity and exercises a moderate degree of autonomy in decision making.
- Is adaptable to, and champions change.
- Possesses a “Customer Focused” business acumen and influences strategically.
- Demonstrates a “learning agility” to remain current in subject matter expertise.
- Finds common ground and viable solutions to complex problems in a compelling manner while maintaining a professional composure.
- Influences across a diverse discipline in a collaborative, risk aware manner.
- Embraces accelerated learning and application of non-traditional security skills such as “big data” concepts, data analytics, “all things digital”, etc.
- Embraces and adopts both “User Experience & Design thinking” principles into all aspects of work.
- Directs coordinates and manages the headquarters complex security program including site operations, physical security matters, life safety management and implementation, first responder liaison, guard force management, and other activities to ensure the protection of all people, property and assets.
- Forges partnerships with Corporate Security Services colleagues and external clients on the safety-related programs that he/she manages including EMS and law enforcement agencies
- Partners with the COF real estate and property management department, Work Place Solutions on all security related aspects for the vast construction projects underway in McLean and subsequently the operationalization of those endeavors.
- Designs and presents strategic plans for the services and programs for which he/she is responsible.
- Liaisons with the broader security organization when necessary to ensure consistency in approach and the leveraging of SME’s where applicable and available.
- Designs, develops and implements solid business and value measure/metrics, trending and benchmarking.
- High school diploma or military experience
- At least 8 years of security management experience or at least 8 years of security risk consulting experience or a combination of 8 years of security management and security risk consulting experience
- At least 5 years of security experience to include the management of a headquarters site
- At least 5 years of experience with integrated physical security systems and life safety systems
- Bachelor' degree.
- Security, risk or life safety certification including CPP, PSP or CISSP
- 10+ years of security management experience or 10+ years of security risk consulting experience
- 10+years of security experience to include the management of a headquarters site
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.