POSITION TITLE AND SUMMARY: Director, Global Physical Security Operations - North America Region
Position Location: Redwood Shores, CA
Due to an internal promotion, Oracle is now looking for a senior security professional to join our team. This position will be responsible for the leadership and development of teams, products and services within the Global Physical Security (GPS) operations line of business, with specialized functional expertise in the area of Regional Operations, guard force management, crisis management programs, risk assessments, incident response and investigations, event security and more. The qualified candidate will report directly to Sr. Director, Global Operations. This position will be specifically responsible for the development of strategic programs & processes associated with the regional operations business in North America (NAM), cross functional relationship with peers and stakeholders and support of all regional security requirements. The physical security operations team is the primary interface with all clients, and ensures that client needs and expectations are met with high quality, industry standard programs and services.
• Provide senior leadership to the regional security managers and operations teams
• Manage partner/vendor relations within the region
• Develop and Implement business plans to ensure continued optimal performance and excellent customer service throughout the region
• Partner with BCMP to ensure effective implementation of the regional crisis management programs
• Partner with GPS functional leaders to effectively drive implementation of all programs within the designated regions
• Manage the regional GSOC business function within NAM
• Create and manage the NAM regional operations budget and financial business model
• Support the Sr. Dir of Global Ops as required. Provide response to incidents as required
• Liaison with internal Oracle partners to achieve objectives, develop new programs and leverage resources for program and service delivery
• Liaison with external industry resources (e.g. law enforcement, military, emergency responders, industry peers & associations, etc.)
• Must have a minimum of 10 years of industrial security experience, combined with a minimum of 7 years of senior management and leadership experience.
• Strong understanding of industry specific legislations and compliance requirements.
• Extensive experience in either law enforcement, military or other safety & security programs to support knowledge and competencies described above. Proficient with all basic Microsoft
computer software programs and communications techniques. Ability to communicate and articulate with a high level of proficiency in both the written and verbal format.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY, IMPACT OF DECISIONS AND DEGREE OF SUPERVISION:
• The GPS Operations Director's scope of responsibility will be regional in nature, with area and country deployed resources reporting directly to this position.
• Decision impact is high and degree of direct supervision is minimal. This is a Director level position with a high degree of responsibility and strategic impact on the business function. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director global physical security operations, and function under limited supervision.
PROCESSES AND METHODOLOGY USED TO PERFORM JOB:
• This position will develop strategy, lead teams and resources to successful performance. Conduct analysis of business needs and identify programs & services required to meet those needs. The successful candidate will provide education and professional development guidance to teams, managers, clients and other resources as required.
• This position requires extensive travel throughout the region and the corporate headquarters and other locations globally
• This position requires positive partnership skills, effective communications, and positive human relations in business capabilities
• This position must be able to perform the full range of very strategic business planning objectives, to very tactical process, procedure and business analytics capabilities
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA Degree required.
• Industry certifications are preferred, but not required.
Provides security services on company premises.
Assess and facilitate resolution of physical security and safety concerns for Oracle office/region. Manage contract guard force personnel, administrate guard force contract and budget. Serve as contact regarding security and safety issues for facility site personnel, Legal and HR departments. Implement corporate security policies and procedures. Develops, implements and maintains security procedures to meet corporate policies, codes and regulations.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.