We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and even the workplace-by creating professions that didn't exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social and mobile. IBM Global Business Services is a leader in this transformation and just the place to define and develop your consulting career. At IBM, you'll work to solve some of society's most complex problems and uncover what's possible as you help our global clients succeed. Join us and discover what you can make of this moment. There is no better place to launch or further your career.
IBM Security Engineering professionals are revolutionizing the industry by working with clients to develop new technologies and techniques to protect their most sensitive data. Our highly ambitious pursuits are fueled primarily by the stellar people we hire. We look for bright people who are passionate and dedicated team players.
IBM currently has numerous openings for cleared Security Engineers with varying levels of experience to support our clients in the National Capital Region. As an IBM Security Engineer you will support technical security engineering programs to develop, implement, and maintain operations. You will work closely with network, security operations, ISSO, System Owner (SO), Information Assurance (IA) and application teams to support Security Assessment & Authorization (A&A), and vulnerability management. Duties and Responsibilities
Stay connected by subscribing to the IBMjobs blog (blog.ibm.jobs) for career insights, news and latest job opportunities. (2252)
- Work cross-functionally to perform all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
- Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinate with other government agencies to record and report incidents
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation
- Work closely with developers, system engineers, project managers, and end-users to drive changes in the network defense posture of the customer
- Support security authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation Process (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To all Recruitment Agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.