Security Engineer, Principal Member of Technical Staff
Posted: February 12, 2016
Reference ID: 1600069V
Oracle Public Cloud - Security Engineer
Cloud Infrastructure Group (San Francisco, CA or Seattle, WA)
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever expanding set of foundational cloud-based services.
We're looking for hands-on security engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult security problems in distributed, multi-tenant services and infrastructure. If this is you, at Oracle you can help design and build innovative new systems from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. A security-focused engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
As a Security Engineer you will be working closely with software engineers from the various cloud service teams to build a secure architecture that is fundamentally sound and efficient. Your influence over the design of the full system architecture is critical. You should be familiar with security at all levels of the software, hardware, and network stack; while being exceptionally deep in a few. Intellectual curiosity and an excitement for the challenges of securing complex, massive systems is a must. You should value simplicity and usability as well as security and work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment.
Things you'll do:
* Penetration testing
* Hardening of network, software and firmware
* Security tool development (e.g. scanning tools)
* Security metrics definition and delivery
* Consult across different software development teams
* Attack vector modeling
* Champion secure coding practices
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* 7 years of experience in security engineering
* Experience working in a large cloud or Internet software company preferred
* Strong application/product/software security background
* Ability to effectively assess and communicate risks and appropriate levels of urgency to management and engineering staff
* Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through internal and external organizations and individuals
* Prior DevOps or continuous delivery and deployment experience preferred
The preferred location for this position is the Oracle Cloud Dev Centers in either Seattle, Washington, or San Francisco, California, but we will consider suitable candidates across the USA.
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.