The Security Analyst/Engineer is responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of our client's data. The security analyst has to have knowledge of every aspect of information security within the company. Their main job is to analyze the security measures of a company and to support and implement the planning, deployment, procurement, operations and maintenance of security tools, processes, and procedures. The Security Analyst plays a critical role in maintaining and administering the security of a diverse IT environment, that includes desktop services, on-site servers and applications, cloud hosted solutions and mobile solutions. They are responsible for implementing any training required including instructing staff on proper security measures both in the office and online. The security analyst must work with business administrators as well as IT professionals in communicating flaws in security systems. They recommend changes that will improve every aspect of company security. The security analyst is also responsible for creating documentation to help the company in case there are any breaches.
* The Security Analyst is responsible for protecting all sensitive information within the company. Experience planning, deploying, configuring and implementing technologies such as Disk Encryption, Data Masking, etc.
* Responsible for insuring all networks have adequate security to prevent unauthorized access. Experience in configuring firewalls, access control list (ACLs), Network IDS/IP, Host IDS/IPS, DLP, etc.
* Produce compliance reports using the tools that would satisfy various regulatory compliance requirements.
* Perform investigation of network intrusions and other cyber security breaches to determine the cause and extent of the breach.
* Develop reports to share with administrators about the efficiency of security policies and recommend any changes. Develop and maintain security program metrics to measure program effectiveness.
* They must plan and document all security information in the company including physical and network security.
* Monitor industry trends for changes in physical and cyber security challenges and implement planning, policy and procedure changes in response.
* Contribute to industry and government forums that develop industry guidance and regulations regarding security practices.
* 4+ years of experience in information security with Expertise using and managing firewalls, Network & Host IDS/IPS systems, Network & Host DLP, VPN, web application firewalls (WAFs), OS hardening, multi-factor authentication, encryption key management, database security controls, and network segmentation.
* Experience working with leading firewall (such as Juniper ScreenOS Firewalls, Cisco ASA, Sophos UTM), intrusion detection technologies (SourceFire/Snort, Sophos UTM).
* Experience working with log monitoring and SEIM tools (McAfee Nitro, Splunk) and file integrity monitoring tools.
* Experience working with data loss prevention technologies and tools.
* Knowledge of securing servers (Linux and Windows); desktop systems (Win10) and networks (Cisco, Juniper).
* Experience applying security to virtual platforms.
* Knowledge of mobile security and MDM.
* Cloud security concepts and protection.
* Knowledge of common application vulnerabilities, current threat vectors and mitigations.
* Participate in the enterprise Incident Response Plan and lead incident response activities.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email email@example.com for other accommodation options.
A little about us:
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.