This position will report to the Director, Global Security - North America and is responsible for the day-to-day security operation in the Austin region for Applied Materials. The Security Manager will provide leadership, strategic direction, tactical support and innovative solutions to unique, spontaneous and critical business issues, which influence the safety, security and well being of employees, as well as protecting Applied's physical and intellectual assets and will serve as the key contact and advisor. Duties/Responsibilities:
- Administer outsource security function in close liaison with CAS, HR, finance and Legal for the Austin region.
- Help ensure compliance with laws, regulations, policy, guidelines and record-keeping requirements.
- Responsible for implementing Global Security related programs.
- Duties include: conduct risk assessments on all Austin area sites annually, incident reporting, physical security, guard operations, access control, investigations support, executive protection, etc.
- Support local EHS as a member of the local response team, and facilities organization in the management of emergency situations, including crisis planning/response, hazard mitigation and business continuity for Austin manufacturing.
- Assist with the development, communication and implementation of loss prevention strategies ensuring appropriate control levels are in place and verified for major value assets such as trade secrets, intellectual property, etc.
- Direct, conduct and/or coordinate the investigation of crimes committed against Applied Materials or its employees under the direction or guidance of the investigations manager. These may include: misappropriation, theft, industrial espionage, threats, due diligence, computer crimes, competitive intelligence, accidents, claims, conflict of interest, assault, harassment, employee vetting, litigation support, etc.
- Provide accurate and timely consultation and advice to management regarding security.
- Identify and engage cost effective external resources to provide on-demand security assistance. This includes law enforcement personnel, consultants, private investigators, etc.
- Conduct audits to ensure compliance with applicable corporate security and safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide security support (both direct and indirect) for SSG manufacturing organization.
- Identify and comply with Governmental (both domestic and international) required security programs throughout the SSG Manufacturing, Austin/GM manufacturing and logistics sites.
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) United States
- Intellectual Property Program (IP)
- Ability to travel regionally and occasionally internationally.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5 - 10 years of experience in law enforcement or military with preference given to investigative background.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.