Security Installation Tech
What you will do
What we look for
- Perform Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting activities on Intrusion Alarm Systems, Access Control, CCTV, Intercom, PA Systems and other PC based Systems including Nurse Call and Sound Systems. Many of these systems operate on networks.
- Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, schematics, and operational/product manuals.
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer specifications.
- Participates in emergency after-hours service on-call system.
- Completes necessary certification courses on internal and external products.
Who we are
- Two-year Associates Degree in Electronics; Network; Computer Science or related experience.
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 50lbs. May be required to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment. Must comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Experience with AXIS, Lenel, Genetec, Ademco DSC and CCure Access Control Systems would be an asset to this position.
- Basic understanding of Network concepts and architectures. Ability to configure PC hardware and application programs.
- Proficient in the operation of computers and knowledgeable on MS operating systems (including Windows 2000 Server) a plus.
- Ability to train technicians and customers.
- Must have good interpersonal, communications, organization, and prioritization skills
- A valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a short period of time.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process please email SpecialAccommodations@Tyco.com
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.