Locations: VA - Richmond, United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Security Manager, Intelligence & Executive Protection Services
The Manager, Intelligence & Protection Services, with moderate supervision, researches and writes in-depth reports and advisories on security risks to employees and operations worldwide. Provides rapid assessments of potentially imminent security situations, sensitive developments and complex threat issues. Identifies, tracks, and monitors emerging security threats and trends. Keeps abreast of changing geopolitical events which could impact stability and operations. Prepares briefs on strategic intelligence issues for senior management. Maintains
internal and external contacts that focus on threat and risk issues. Conducts research into various reference archives and databases to extract information contributing to threat and risk analysis or due diligence and background investigations. Maintains liaison throughout appropriate Company functional entities and external counterparts.
In addition, this individual will develop and implement protective services plans in support of the Chairman, CEO, President, members of the Board of Directors, other executives of the company and their families, and visiting VIPs to promote a safe environment. Contributes to protective programs to include personal protection, facility, residence, and event security; ground and air transportation, and special projects. Evaluates and documents standards of measurement of quality and effectiveness of programs. Maintains a wide range of intra and interagency coordination. Ensures the procurement, installation and operational instruction of security equipment required at the residence, vacation homes or offices of executives. Participates in the development and maintenance of personal profiles and conducts risk assessments of all personnel covered by protective services. Provides direction, oversight, and leadership to other, less experience security personnel.
These services may require long hours including nights, weekends and holidays. Candidates must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%), sometimes on short notice.
- Assist in the identification and assessment of potential security threats in locations of interest to Capital One; providing situational insight and timely information to aid business decisions
- Review and conclude on pertinent data from intelligence reports from confidential, open source and third party providers regarding the threat environment
- Provides verbal briefings in one on one meetings or to large groups of associates traveling to High Risk rated areas
- Develops and provides tailored threat assessments in response to executive needs or requests
- Interacts with other members of the financial services, intelligence, and law enforcement communities to share and benchmark security threat management practices and forge professional relationships
- Coordinate the initial notification to any threat emergency involving Corporate Executives or as directed by security senior management
- Perform on-site security and travel risk assessments in foreign and domestic environments, identifying and establishing rapport with key law enforcement, security, and government officials
- Support the executive residential security program as necessary
- Manage and/or directly participate in the development and implementation of security plans in support of company special events
- Lead or collaborate on production of strategic and tactical analytical products such as production of advisories, alerts, briefings and presentations
- Assist with support of the travel security program
- Assist with special due diligence cases and other open source investigations/research
- Develop strong working relationship with all levels of management
Our ideal teammate has the ability to:
- Make decisions, while under stress, that provides for the safety and security of the Capital One associates, visitors and assets
- Develop and maintain liaison with law enforcement and intelligence communities
- Organize, document and present accurate information in a logical sequence in support of decisioning
- Develop graphs, charts, tables and other illustrative devices
- Identify and analyze issues and gather information to determine causes and possible solutions.
- Show proficiency in data processing and fluent in digital practices
- Recognize dimensions and contextualizes risk.
- Be an innovative and creative problem solver.
- Navigate ambiguity and exercise a moderate degree of autonomy in decision making.
- Be adaptable to, and champions change
- Possess a “Customer Focused” business acumen
- Influence strategically
- Demonstrate a “learning agility” to remain current in subject matter expertise
- Show specific executive protection or intelligence analyst training from an accredited organization
- Provide knowledge of or experience with data mining and investigative techniques / methodologies
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 5 years of experience developing and implementing security plans in response to identified security risks
- At least 5 years of experience in executive protection, at least 5 years of experience in intelligence gathering and analysis, or a combination
- At least 3 years of experience with alarm systems, CCTV, and digital video systems
- At least 3 years of experience using intelligence database search tools
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Bachelor’s Degree in Intelligence Analysis, Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Bachelor’s Degree in Homeland Security, Bachelor’s Degree in Security Management
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification
- 7+ years of experience in executive protection, 7+ years of experience in intelligence gathering and analysis, or a combination
- 5+ years of experience in the collection and analysis of threat intelligence
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.