Overview: ABOUT ALLIED UNIVERSAL SECURITY SERVICES
Allied Universal, a leading facility services company and the largest security force in North America with over 140,000 employees, provides unparalleled security services and solutions. With headquarters in Santa Ana, Calif., and Conshohocken, Pa., Allied Universal combines people and technology to deliver evolving, tailored solutions that allow our clients to focus on their core business. An unrelenting focus on clients' success creates partnerships rooted in quality and value and is supported by experience gained from being in business for over 50 years. Through our people and leading services, systems and solutions...Allied Universal is there for you. For more information, please visit www.AUS.com .
Job Description: POSITION OVERVIEW
Allied Universal seeks an experienced Security National Account Manager for a Palo Alto based Company.
The ideal candidate will come from a strong National Accounts and Finance management background. Experience working with Silicon Valley Companies a plus.
- A strong finance background is required. Must have experience with, and be ale to manage, track, and develop budgets.
- An MBA in Finance is preferred
- Must possess experience managing Contract SLAs and KPIs for the business with an aptitude for managing and presenting data during monthly and quarterly business reviews
- Must have the ability to conduct root cause analysis and develop solutions to complex strategic issues
- Must be able to conduct International travel and obtain a US passport
The National Account Manager will serve as internal security operations expert, and will be focused on the relationship with clients across the Portfolio. Moreover, the successful candidate will work with the clients' Corporate Security executives, showcasing and adhering to Allied Universal's capabilities and strengths while also serving as the liaison with the appropriate branch offices and Corporate support functions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure contract compliance at all assigned properties. Identify security issues and opportunities and recommend solutions to client's corporate security team. Respond to critical incidents at client locations.
- Facilitate and provide in-depth client specific training to new on-site Allied Universal Managers. Create and deliver annual training programs.
- Develop a relationship with local and regional client contacts. Work with all levels of the organization to identify, analyze and solve problems and create opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Identify and present industry best practices to all teams in all locations.
- Actively participate in industry specific professional organizations such as but not limited to ASIS.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Identify client-specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and measure Allied Universal's performance of these measurements to ensure acceptable monthly scorecard results.
- Ensure all administrative and operational functions including payroll, billing, accounts receivable, scheduling, etc. is accurate and issues are resolved
- Ability to conduct in-depth audits and analysis of operational and financial controls relating to the account management. Manage and own the accounts receivable process for their customer. Lead all contract renewal, rebid and rate increase initiatives.
- Create and manage to an annual overhead budget. Partner with their customer on their security budget.
- Mentor managers within their portfolio to establish a true succession plan for their portfolio.
- Survey security officers and leaders to gauge workplace satisfaction.
This position is based in Palo Alto, CA and reports to the General Manager. Additional Responsibilities:
- Active participation in industry specific professional organizations such as ASIS.
- Work with all levels of the organization to identify, analyze and solve problems and create opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Provide strategic oversight to district offices to ensure all administrative and operational functions including payroll, billing, accounts receivable, scheduling, etc. are accurate and issues are resolved quickly.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information and data.
- Provide annual business reviews to client contacts.
- Keep records and prepare accurate and timely reports both manually and through automated methods.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned or required.
Other requirements or competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Criminal Justice preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience.
- Minimum 3 years of security management experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demons ratable proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and Word. Must be computer literate and have the ability to understand and fully use associated hardware/software.
- Some knowledge and experience with the use of quality and continuous improvement tools, techniques, practices, etc.
- Math skills to include fractions and percentages.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented management environment and to help identify and solve problems.
- Ability to get along with other employees and follow directions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates supervisors and the general public.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers and to ensure compliance with fair employment practices and perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a timely, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and to work evenings, weekends and holidays as requested or required.
- Must be willing to travel domestically as needed including extended overnight stays when required.
Closing: Allied Universal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Requisition ID: 2016-96629
A little about us:
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to serve, secure and care for the people and businesses in our communities.