Security Network Consulting Engineer -- 1206175
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posted: June 28, 2017
Reference ID: 1206175
Security Network Consulting Engineer
What You'll Do
The Security Network Consulting Engineer is responsible for the development, creation and delivery of Advanced Services support to Cisco's major accounts in the US South Theater. This highly impactfull role drives and performs architectural, design and integration engineering for complex network infrastructure solutions. Security NCEs work with customers to document their business requirements and map them to technical solutions, enabling mutual success with the design and deployment of best-in-class solutions. The Security NCE is responsible for the support and delivery of Security Optimization Subscription (SOS), Security Design / Configuration Reviews, and Cisco Security Product Implementations.
Troubleshoots and resolves highly complex customer network problems across a broad range of technologies
Generates network configurations from Low Level Design for highly complex networks; Plans and executes highly complex Network Upgrade and Network Migration activity
Performs analysis and diagnosis of highly complex networking problems; analysis of highly complex network designs
Builds simulated networks in test labs to resolve highly complex problems and compatibility issues
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Security Solutions (CSS) organization provides the operational focus and expertise to effectively secure an organization with offerings from an Advisory, Implementation and Managed portfolio.
Who You Are
Our Network Consulting Engineers help customers maximize and impact network availability and functionality to achieve their business goals. The NCE delivers the leading edge Security technologies; solutions and services customers need to expertly manage their networks. In this role, you will be "Cisco's face to the customer," working in a fast-paced, high-impact environment as a visible contributor and influencer delivering on our commitments and the customers' expectations.
• Lead customer, post-sales engagements, by taking ownership of project success and leveraging Cisco's culture of empowerment to drive customer success and positive business outcomes.
• Shape services engagements to develop mature statements of work and engage customers to identify business and technical requirements.
• Collaborate with solution experts to develop and deploy secure solutions.
• Embrace education to be a deep subject matter expert across multiple security and non-security technologies to deliver superior architectures, designs, and solution deployments.
• Responsible for finalization and delivery of reports for each consulting engagement.
• Educate and mentor customers and peers.
• Tune and optimize security solutions.
Skills Required: Candidate must be a self-motivated individual that is dedicated to exceeding client expectations, be willing to contribute to team efforts, and possess strong interpersonal and presentation skills, in addition to possessing the following technical skills:
- Minimum of 5-6 years experience in the information and network security industry in addition to a BS in science, engineering, or mathematics (or additional 2 years of experience).
- Experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting network security for enterprise customers (preferably within a data center environment)
- Extensive experience in security configuration of network and security devices in a large enterprise environment (routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems)
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting one (1) or more of the following Cisco security technologies: ISE, IPS/SourceFire, ASA, CSM, ACS, VPN, FTD, ACI
- Detailed understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Detailed understanding of routing protocols (OSPF, RIP, EIGRP, BGP) and layer 2 protocols and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technical account management / project management skills for delivery of professional services
- Strong consultative skills
• Experience working in professional services, preferred.
• Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) preferred.
• One (1) or more of the following industry certifications: CISSP, SANS GIAC, NSA IAM
• Experience with IT governance, risk management, and compliance programs desired.
• Master's degree in science, engineering, or mathematics desired (reduces the minimum years of experience by two (2) years'. Typically requires BS, CS, or University degree equivalent plus a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in network engineering, preferably in the Service Provider vertical
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.