Job Description: Position Summary:
The Technical Support Specialist provides technical expertise for the Facebook physical security infrastructure as part of the Facebook Technical Operations Center (TOC). Located in Menlo Park, CA, the TOC provides phone support, troubleshooting, resolution and documentation support services to Facebook associates, administrative and support personnel.
Discrete Duties Include:
Job Qualifications: Qualifications:
- Provide technical support for end users, systems administrators and service support technicians on Facebook-deployed security technologies.
- Working in a team environment, triage and troubleshoot Tier2-level problems by leveraging personal skill sets, compiled knowledge databases and by collaborating as required with TOC peers and leadership.
- Document issues and resolutions as realized for trend analysis and lessons learned capture.
- Escalate issues requiring manufacturer/vendor assist to appropriate vendor and/or senior applications engineering support.
- Maintain the highest levels of customer focus and satisfaction, responding promptly and thoroughly to issues as encountered in the TOC.
- Technical Qualifications:
Personal and Interpersonal Qualifications:
- Comprehensive knowledge of security systems technology including, but not limited to:
- Software House/CCure supported hardware (iStar panels, REX, Card readers, locks, door contacts, etc.) - Base certification required, advanced preferred
- Genetec supported hardware (Axis cameras, IO Modules, LPR, etc.) - Base certification required, advanced preferred
- Commend Intercom systems
- Strong IP Networking skills
- Knowledge of basic field troubleshooting techniques for low voltage systems (ground faults, shorts, use of test equipment like a Multi meter, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Assertive, self-starter, exhibits a strong sense of urgency.
- Exceptional professionalism and customer-service skills.
- The desire and ability to have an impactful conversation with users about their support needs and requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Enjoys working in a team-oriented environment and highly motivated to provide a positive user experience.
- Independent critical and creative thinking.
- Skilled at problem solving.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, under substantial deadlines and pressure.
- Willingness to travel as needed to remote offices for end user and project support.
- Maintain relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors
- Minimum 2 years physical security experience
- Must be Menlo Park-based, onsite 5 days a week, and actively partner with Facebook stakeholders.
There are, initially, six openings for this role. Two of the roles will work 8am-5pm PT, with staggered lunch schedules; two will work 10am-7pm PT, with staggered lunch schedules, with the remaining two working 3pm-12am PT, also with staggered lunch schedules.
You must be a resident citizen of the United States to qualify for this position.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.