Monitor Cumberland security and assist Home Depot associates with security and safety related issues.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Patrol the Cumberland complex and investigates unusual occurrences.
- Write incident reports on actual or potential loss and interview victims and witnesses.
- Respond to emergency situations of various types at Cumberland Atlanta.
- Perform security inspection tours; document problems and notify appropriate personnel.
- Operate the security Control Room.
- Monitor security check points at Cumberland and other facilities as directed to screen and control events.
- Escort associates and visitors to parking facilities as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position has no direct reports.
- Typically has some contact outside workgroup.
- Typically assignments are very specific.
- Typically follows detailed rules or instructions when solving problems.
- Typically follows instructions closely when completing tasks and does not change until given the next assignment.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Work is routine with few deadlines or other pressures.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
Three to six months of experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Must be able to read and write in order to review and complete required reports and record keeping activities.
- Should possess interpersonal skills to effectively interact with and communicate with HD associates and visitors.
- Must possess logical skills and inspect HD property to ensure safety of HD associates and visitors.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!